The School Newsletter for Central Elementary Families
March 13, 2015
Congratulations Students and Teachers!
If you have a third, fourth, or fifth grader, please take a moment to thank their teacher for all of their dedication in helping our students be prepared for this new test. They endeavored to make sure that students were familiar with the new types of question formats that were on this year's test. Thank you teachers!
ISTEP+ Part II testing will be online and will begin starting April 23, 2015.
Call Out for Candidates
It is time to begin thinking about the 2015-2016 PTO Board! If you are interested in serving as a member of next year’s PTO Board, click HERE to read a brief summary about each position. Then, print the form out and return it to Central Elementary. All upcoming K–5th grade parents are invited to run for Board positions. As you fill out the form, if there is more than one position you are interested in, please indicate preference in number order (1st choice, 2nd choice, etc.) You may serve in only one position for the year.
The election for the 2015-2016 Central Elementary PTO Board Members will be held at the May PTO meeting at Central Elementary in the cafeteria at 6:30 pm.
Honoring Exceptional Employees
It's that time of year again! We are now taking nominations for ROSE Awards - an opportunity to Recognize an Outstanding School Employee deserving special recognition for outstanding qualities, activities, efforts or contributions. All administrative personnel, aides, bus drivers, cafeteria staff, certified staff, counselors, custodians, nurses, and transportation staff are eligible. Don't miss this opportunity to acknowledge our great PCSC employees! Submission deadline is March 20, 2015.
Activities for Children and Families
Central Elementary Calendar
Here are some special days or events that you will want to know about.
- Our next PTO Meeting is on Monday, March 16, 2015 at 6:30 pm in the gym.
- The Kindergarten Music Program is at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, March 17, 2015.
- Progress reports/Report cards will be sent home with students on Wednesday, March 18, 2015.
- The next PTO Restaurant Night is on Thursday, March 19, 2015 from 4:00 to 8:00 pm at the Panera at Metropolis.
- PCSC Kindergarten Round-up will be on April 8th and 9th from 9:00-2:00 pm and again from 5:00-7:00 pm at Clarks Creek Elementary. Please enter through Door 5.
- Click HERE for information about our April 24, 2015 Walkathon.
- The Little Quakers Academy will begin accepting applications for 2015-2016 enrollment in its community preschool program beginning February 1, 2015. Look for registration information to be posted on the Little Quakers Academy website.
To view more upcoming activities and events happening at Central Elementary, check out our school calendar by clicking HERE or by going to http://www.plainfield.k12.in.us/cn.