Adventurous Life of Alaska
Caroline and Cole
Survival of Alaska
- You must be active
- Clothing- boots, dress in layers, gloves
- Major things you need to cover up are your neck and your head due to heat loss
- make snow caves for shelter or tents and tarps
- treatment of hypothermia- rewarm as soon as possible. ( eat, drink, and run around) to keep warm
- Frostbite- caused by sub- freezing tempatures
- Dehydration, hypothermia, constructive clothing, etc. all contribute to poor circulation
- Alaska is the largest state in the U.S.
- Twice the size of Texas
- Has a small population
- Alaska is often called the Last Frontier
- Entered the union in 1959
- First new state in 47 years
- Naske, Claus-M., and F. Patrick Fitzgerald. "Alaska." World Book Student. World Book, 2016. Web. 4 Feb. 2016.
- "Alaska." Compton's by Britannica. 01 Aug. 2011: n.p. SIRS Discoverer. Web. 04 Feb. 2016.
- Alaska." Reviewed by Donna Freedman. Lands and Peoples. Grolier Online, 2016. Web. 4 Feb. 2016.