BHHS Media Center
Bunker Hill Bears
End of School Reminders
- Check around your room and turn in all library books and movies. If it has a barcode on it, It should be returned to the media center as soon as possible.
- I need you to turn in your school pads, document cameras and remote controls as soon as you can. We like to store the smaller pieces of technology in the media center so that they do not walk off over the summer. We will have a lot of people in and out of the building due to the construction projects.
- Laptops - If you have a laptop, it needs to be turned in to the media center so that it can be re-imaged over the summer. If you are planning on taking it with you over the summer, you need to let me know.
- Just a reminder that tech equipment belongs to the room and not the teacher. If you are relocating to a new room, your tech equipment stays behind. We will make sure that you will have what you need in your new room.
- All laptop carts need to be brought to the media center after June 10th.
- Please remind students that they can still turn in overdue library books. If we are testing in the media center, they can leave them in the office.
MEDIA CENTER FAST FACTS
- 25,002 items were checked out of the media center this year
- an average of 694 items circulated per week
- 392 books and eBooks were purchased for the school
- 10% of our books are in digital format
- we had 1000 more items checked out this year than last year
Our media assistants competed in a contest through the Catawba County Public Library System to design a library card for their youth summer reading program.
KUDOS TO GOOGLE TEACHERS
BEARS GO GOOGLE
Many of you did an outstanding job incorporating Google components into your classroom instruction. Immediately after the training sessions, teachers wanted to start using what they had learned with their students. There are so many tools available to us through our Google accounts. Take time to explore on your own this summer. If you would like training on specific components, just let me know.