The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
February 21, 2021
- It's very important that your child is on time to school each day! In the morning students are placed into groups based on areas for growth or enrichment. This is a valuable 40 minutes of instruction. Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Ms. Donna know by 2:40. This helps ensure that she has enough time to alert teachers of the change.
- Remember! The car rider line is a cell phone free zone!
- 3-5 parents, your child is provided with 3 masks by the district! We are noticing that some bus riders are forgetting to bring their masks each day! Please remind your child to bring a mask for bus riders!
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area.
- Please head over to our website to sign up for E-Notes. This will allow you to receive the weekly parent newsletter by email.
- Your child may bring a water bottle to school and refill it our touch less water fountains.
"Share the Love" Friendship Party Information:
Valentines Day Parties will start at 2PM on February 26th.
- Grades K-4 will be able to bring Valentines Boxes and pass out Valentines to their classmates.
- Please do not bring boxes until February 26th.
- Students will sanitize before handing out their valentines and then will sanitize afterwards.
- 5th grade will make a Valentine Sack to use at school
- Prepackaged food will be brought by the students and will be handed out by the teacher.
- March 1st-5th- ACT Aspire Interim III
- March 8th-12th- ACT Aspire Interim III Makeup
March 15th - End of 3rd Nine Weeks
March 19th- Spirit Day
March 15th-19th- Spirit Day for February and March and 3rd Nine Weeks Awards Assembly and Panther Store and Seuss Activities
- March 22- 26- Spring Break
- April 2nd - No School--Good Friday
- April 13th - Kindergarten registration 3:40 - 6:00
- April 19th - 23rd - K-2 EOY MAP testing and Grade 3 ACT Aspire
- April 26th - 30th-Grade 4 and 5 ACT Aspire
- May 17th-24th- Track and Field Days
- May 28th - Last day of school
Schedules and Lunch Times
We are continuing to teach our students about our Word of the Month: Diversity. Here are some ways you can talk with your child about this word at home!
As always, if you need anything please do not hesitate to reach out!
Spring Picture Day
Panther Cuisine Meal Program
The Panther Cuisine Meal program is a breakfast and lunch meal pick up program for Greenbrier students who are taking online classes through Greenbrier Academy or who have been quarantined through COVID-19. This curbside meal pick up service will be provided once per week at the Junior High Cafeteria on Thursdays from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (Noon) in a drive-through format, with each student receiving five breakfasts and five lunches. Parents/Guardians may pick up meals without their children present. Panther Cuisine meals meet and follow guidelines per USDA regulations. Menus are subject to change based on availability. This program is free to Greenbrier students.
The following form must be completed by MONDAY at 12:00 pm (Noon) each week to request the total number of meals needed.
If you have any questions or concerns about any Child Nutrition Services, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sara Long, Child Nutrition Director at 501-679-8214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Note from Nurse Gina
Word of the Month
District Point of Contact
Subs are Needed!
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke