eSTEM Current 10th Course Selection
Picking your summer and 2023-24 junior year courses!
It's time to pick your classes for the 2023-24 school year! Please review this newsletter in its entirety and complete each step.
ONLINE COURSE SELECTION
This will be through Student Connect and open from January 24th-February 6th. This is where you will be able to input your classes for next school year.
ELA CLASSROOM VISIT
We will visit your eSTEM 10th grade ELA class on the dates listed below to review your course selections together and make necessary adjustments.
If you do not have a STEM ELA, we will call you into our office at a later date.
WHAT IS A TRANSCRIPT?
- A transcript is a record of every class you've completed at ERHS, through Norco College's Dual Enrollment, and other institutions for which you've submitted an official transcript for.
- You can find your transcript in Student Connect under Student Documents.
- GPA information can be found in the yellow box.
- All ERHS classes are worth 5 credits.
- You should have 30 credits each fall/spring semester and up to 10 credits each summer.
- At this time, you should have at least 90 credits to be on track.
- You need 220+ credits to graduate.
- Along with credits students must fulfill subject requirements (in red below) in order to graduate.
- The only way to miss credits is to earn an F in a class (D is considered passing but will not meet a-g minimum requirement).
- STEM students are ERHS students and must fulfill the same requirements for a high school diploma.
- STEM students have summer classes planned already (Health/PE/Art). It would be US History if you are in Band/Sports.
- STEM students follow the STEM 4 Year Plan which includes high school graduation requirements, a-g requirements, and STEM requirements.
- ALL students are guaranteed a total of 6 classes.
Be sure to review the STEM, ERHS and A-G requirements.
*The STEM 4 year Plan includes: ERHS Grad requirements, A-G and STEM requirements.*
Check out the ERHS Course Descriptions attached below for more information on the courses offered.
ERHS/STEM Course Descriptions
Eleanor Roosevelt High School Counseling Department ERHS Counselors Ryan Sanchez..........................................................A-Bo and Puente firstname.lastname@example.org Kara Marshall..............................................................AVID A-L email@example.com Linda Spencer...........................................................Br and AVID M-Z linda.spencer@cnus...
You will have access to complete your course selection online through Student Connect from
January 24th-February 6th
Keep the following in mind:
- ALL eSTEM courses will be in the T track with the course code ending in --STEM. Ex: 923521STEM course code versus 923521.
- All of your selections are REQUESTS. You will meet one on one with your Counselor to discuss your requests and finalize them for next school year.
- The eSTEM electives you select are requests. We cannot guarantee that the courses you select will be in your final schedule.
- You will add a total of 6 classes. Be sure to enter the semester 1 AND semester 2 course for each class (for example: Robotics A and Robotics B).
- If you want to take HEALTH Online, notify your counselor when you meet individually.
- Your counselor will review your transcript, graduation, a-g, and STEM requirement status to determine what courses you MUST take.
Click on the image below to go to a how-to tutorial which will guide you through adding your courses through Student Connect.
Be sure to click the big red button in the link to go through the interactive tutorial!
Dates: June 13 - July 11
In person session 1: 8:30 - 12 PM
In person session 2: 12:30 - 4 PM
Virtual (certain classes available)
This is what you can expect:
- Any D/F grades in an a-g or F grade in a graduation required course will need to be made up this summer.
- As a current 10th grader, you will take either PE, Health, or Art class this summer.
- If you are in sports/band during periods 1-6, you will take regular US History this summer.
- Students can take 2 classes (Ex: World Hist A and World Hist B = 2 classes).
We will add in classes as we meet with you. Certain courses are available online only and others are available in person only. Some are available in both modes.
Parents MUST confirm your summer enrollment through Parent Connect between March 1st and April 10th. Without this confirmation, the summer school class we input will be removed. Direction can be found here.
Have 5 of the 6 requirements met below:
- College eligibility a-g requirements met
- 3.0+ GPA
- Complete 3+ years of the SERP
- Complete a STEM pathway
- Complete 4 years of a math and science
- Complete to level 3 or higher of a world language
ERHS---> NCC---> UCR Engineering Program
eSTEM Counseling Resource Board
As counselors it is our goal to serve students and their families in the areas of academics, college & career, and social emotional wellness. We advocate for students, provide them a supportive environment, and help guide them towards their career and life goals. We do this by providing school wide curriculum, small groups, and individual meetings.
Click on the images below to find out more about your counselor!
Corona-Norco Unified School District
The Corona Norco Unified School District is committed to equal opportunity for all individuals in education and in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, national origin, immigration status, race or ethnicity, ethnic group identification, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, pregnancy, or genetic identification, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. The Board prohibits, at any district school or school activity, unlawful discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment), intimidation, and bullying of any student based on the protected characteristics named above. BP1312.2; BP/AR4190; BP/AR5145.3; BP/AR5145.7; BP5146; BP/AP5131.2
For any concerns or questions regarding discrimination, equity, Title II, CCR Title 5 or Title IX, please contact:
Dr. RoseMarie Hickman, Coordinator, Human Resources
Corona-Norco Unified School District
2820 Clark Avenue Norco, CA 92860
(951) 736-5000 Contact Dr. Hickman