Pregnancy and Childbirth
Stages of Childbirth and Prenatal Care
- See your Doctor regularly for Check-ups.
- Join a childbirth/parenting classes
- Get a flu shotT
- Get enough sleep
- Wash your hands after handling raw meat or using the bathroom
- Don't take very hot baths. High Temperatures and harm the fetus or cause you to faint.
- Don't smoke tobacco or drink alcohol
- Don't use illegal drugs
- Avoid x-rays
- Don't douche
- Take Folic acid
- Get enough iron
- Drink extra fluids, especially water.
- Eat Healthy!
- Do Physical activities
- Curl and Lift
- Keep Moving
In the 2nd trimester, the mother will feel the baby's fluttering movements. The mother will get better sleep patterns, increased energy level, but will have back pains, leg cramps, and heartburn.
In the 3rd Trimester, the mother will have sleeping problems, shortness of breath and hemorhoids.
Stages of Childbirth
The opening of the cervix during childbirth. The cervix opens up to 10 cm.
Pushing down the baby down the vagina.
Delivering the placenta.