The Borromeo School Bulletin #72
September 15, 2022
September 22, 2022 - Edition #73
A Reflection from Dr. Mullenschlader
For this week's reflection, I wanted to talk about the presence of God. Each month our children get an opportunity to spend quiet time with God in adoration. Adoration is access to God in a way that we do not have other times. The presence of God in adoration is an opportunity for the children to share in God's peace, comfort, and love. Jesus said, "Let the children come to me." This was not just a nice thing to say because Jesus was a nice guy. No, Jesus wanted the children to be present with him because he wanted them to know Him and know the Father. The same can be true of God's desire for us to come to Him in adoration. Can it be difficult for the children to sit still and pay attention? Sure, but God says, "Let the children come to me." We take 10 to 20 minutes with the children to be present with Him, so they can grow in the knowledge of him. The more we are present with Him, the more real he becomes to us. Then, as God lives in us, we get to share that with others. What a blessing to be in a Catholic school!
October 21 is the day before Fall Break and it is a full day. This was communicated prior to the year beginning and has been in the Newsletter every week since the start of school. See the 22-23 Calendar that is attached to the Newsletter.
We are very excited to announce that we have hired a school nurse. Mrs. Liz Kennedy will begin working with us on Monday, September 26th. We are excited to welcome Nurse Liz to St. Charles Borromeo.
Teacher Amazon Wishlist
Protecting God’s Children
All parents who want to volunteer for any reason at school need to complete the Archdiocesan Prevent and Protect Training.
Here are the instructions or go to the flyer in the attachment section:
Create an account through the Archdiocese at preventandprotectstl.org, register for a background check, sign the code of conduct and sign up for a PGC workshop. If you have any questions, please contact Rosanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send in a family picture (a family selfie is fine). The pictures will not be returned, they will be used in a collage in the school
Please help us by donating feminine products for stocking the bathrooms.
October 3rd is the 1st Monday of the month and the Minnie Vinnies are collecting the following items: 15 oz. cans of Peaches, Pears, Mandarin Oranges, and Fruit Cocktail in Juice.
Volunteer help is needed!
Use the links below to sign up for volunteer opportunities.
Home and School Association
Grade Captains and Room Parents
Please make sure to update FACTS
Updating FACTS information - Please make sure to check your FACTS accounts for accurate information for the following information:
1. Emergency Contact Information
2. Phone Numbers
3. Current Employer and Occupation Information
4. Any address changes
5. Parish Information - Current Parish
6. Current medical information for your child
BASK invoices go out on the last of the month and are to be paid by the 20th of the month to avoid late fees.
Here is the September Sign Up Link:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040444ACAC28A7F58-bask11
Here is the October Sign Up Link:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040444ACAC28A7F58-bask12
If you sign your child up but no longer need if please delete them from the sign up or email their teach and Mrs. Freeman to let them now to send them to car pick up.
Feel free to email Mrs. Freeman with any questions or concerns.
Important Dates for BASK:
Sept. 30th- NO BASK!
Sept. 30th- BASK Invoices go out!
Oct. 7th- Half Day! BASK is Offered. If your child is attending please send a lunch.
Oct. 19th-Early Out Day!
Oct.24th-Oct.31st- Fall Break!
Oct. 31st- BASK Invoices go out!
St. Charles Parish Volunteer Information
Helpful Picnic Links: We still need lots of volunteers!
- Volunteer for Friday/ Saturday shifts here: https://bit.ly/22satpicnicvolunteers
- Volunteer for Sunday shifts here: https://bit.ly/22sunpicnicvolunteers
- Purchase food, game, and ride tickets here: https://bit.ly/22scbpicnictickets
- Purchase raffle tickets here: https://bit.ly/22scbpicnicraffle
- Follow the Parish Picnic on Facebook @borromeoparishpicnic
Parish Picnic Events:
- Family Fun Run starts at 6 in the lower lot
- Washers tournament registration ends at 5:30 with games starting at 6 in the upper lot
- Mass at 4pm
- Games/Food/Drinks/Rides (5-10pm)
- Live Music by The Broken Hipsters
- Silent Auction
- Beef and Chicken Dinner (11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.)
- Games/Food/Drinks/Rides (12-7 p.m.)
- Live Music
- Silent Auction
- Cash and Tech Raffles (drawings at 7 p.m.)
2022-2023 Calendar Breaks
10/24 - 10/31 - Fall Break
11/23 - 11/27 - Thanksgiving Break
12/23 - 1/2/23 - Christmas Break
3/20/23 - 3/24/23 - Spring Break
5/26 - Last Day of School (Early Dismissal)
Upcoming Half Days/ Early Dismissal Days/ Days Off/ Community Events
Upcoming Half Days/ Early Dismissal Days/Days Off
9/30 - Noon Dismissal - Picnic Setup Day
10/7 - Noon Dismissal - Teacher Professional Development Day
10/19 - Early Dismissal Day (2:15 pm) - Teacher PLC
9/23 - All School Mass - Kindergarten Welcome Mass
9/26-9/29 - 6th Grade Camp Lakewood
9/27 - K-4 School Mass
9/30 - All School Mass
10/1-10/2 - Parish Picnic
10/4 - 5-8 School Mass - St. Francis of Assisi
10/5 - Kindergarten Field Trip
10/6 - Fourth Grade Field Trip
10/7 - All School Mass - Our Lady of the Rosary
10/7 - Picture Retake
10/11 - K-4 School Mass
10/14 - All School Mass
10/17 - Adoration
10/18 - 5-8 School Mass
10/21 - All School Mass
10/21 - Full Day of School - Not a Half Day
For all the members of our SCB family who have lost loved ones in recent weeks.
For all the members of our SCB family moving on to new adventures in the 2022-2023 school year.
For the safety and well being of all of our school families over the summer.
For all those suffering from and continuing to heal from COVID, especially members of our Saint Charles Borromeo School families.
For all the members of our United States military who continue to serve our country.
For all of the quiet intentions held in the hearts of the members of our St. Charles Borromeo Community.
We are still HIRING!
Cafeteria Supervision (Part-Time 2 hours a day)
Recess Supervision (Part-Time 2 hours a day)
If interested, please contact Dr. Mullenschlader through email@example.com
IMPORTANT PEOPLE AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Dr. Dan Mullenschlader - Principal
Mrs. Michelle Winkler - Assistant Principal
Mrs. Kelly Koschmeder - Office Manager
Fr. William Dotson - Pastor
Fr. Eddie Godefroid- Associate Pastor
Mrs. Megan Ambrose - Counselor
Mrs. Monica Barnes - Accountant
Mr. Luan Nguyen
- The date for the Night at the Derby Dinner Auction has been announced as Saturday, April 22, 2023, you can visit the Facebook page for more information. https://www.facebook.com/SCBdinnerauction
- High School Information - ATTENTION 8TH GRADE BOYS: CBC is now accepting appointments for our Official 8th Grade Visit Program. During this visit, a young man will participate in Experience CBC Classes designed especially for 8th-grade students. He will meet with a current CBC student, attend some of his classes, and have lunch with him. Finally, during the CBC Explore Period, he will have the opportunity to meet with teachers, coaches, and program moderators to gather detailed information about the things in which he is interested. This program is by reservation only. Please contact Mrs. Melissa Ryan at (314) 985-6095 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your Official 8th Grade Visit.
Come visit DUCHESNE! - Duchesne High School is a co-ed Catholic college preparatory school that provides each student unique opportunities to develop their God-given talents, growing into leaders in MIND, BODY, and SPIRIT. Contact Lisa Koepke, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or 636.757.6932 for more information.