Google Cast for Education
LMTSD Mini-Tech Sessions
Why would I use this?
Google Cast for Education enables students to share their screens wirelessly with their teachers. This gives teachers the ability to cast the student's screen as long as the teacher computer/laptop is connected to some type of projection device.
- Already enabled on student devices
- Students are only able to cast if the teacher gives the student permission.
How do I make this work?
- Download the Google Cast for Education app. (Link provided below.)
- Once installed, click on the app.
- Choose a name for your receiver and click Save.
- Click on Share and add the name(s) of the student(s) you want to be able to cast. Click Save.
***You will only have to do these steps once. After that, students will request to cast and all you have to do is accept their request.
How do students make this work?
- Select the Google Cast extension which is located on their toolbar and is a gray rectangle with three stacked curves on the bottom left corner.
- Select the drop down menu by clicking on the three dots on the right side of the toolbar and choosing Cast.
2. Select the name of the device they want to cast.
3. Wait for teacher approval.