Special Education News Update
February 8, 2016
Have a SUPER TERRIFIC week!!
Count Day is Feb 10!!
Please have your count sheets done and correct by Tuesday!!
In order to ensure consistency with our procedures across grade levels and buildings, we are being asked to complete IEP Progress Reports by March 21. At the K-5 level, all printed progress reports will be given to the general education teacher to send home with the rest of the information packet and report card. If you are emailing progress reports to parents, you may continue to do so, but also email your progress reports to the general education teacher. We are working on how to access general education report cards. In the meantime, feel free to ask for a copy of the report card.
Black Out Days for February Count:
- Feb 8-10 are blackout days for IEPs.
Case Manager Changes:
- If an IEP has a change in case manager, please make a note when notifying Molly that the document is finished
- Please DO NOT put Full Time Special Education/Full Time General Education on the notice page as options considered (unless you truly did consider those as options)
Students Transitioning to New Buildings in the Fall
- Please remember to include the programs and services for the next building on your IEP and invite relevant staff to your meeting
Medicaid Letter/Notice in Tienet:
- Scan and email signed Medicaid Form (initials and transfers from out of county) to Diane Thomas (email@example.com). Do not upload to Tienet yourself.
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- February 10, Count
- February 17, 2016 PLC
- March 17-18, 2016 Exams/Records Day
- March 21, 2016 3rd Trimester Begins
- March 23, 2016 PLC
- April 1-10 Spring Break
- April 21, 2016 1/2 Day/Conferences
- April 27, 2016 PLC
- May 30, 2016 Memorial Day
- June 14,15 2016 1/2 Day/EXAMS
- June 16, 2016 Last Teacher Day