Girl Scout Troop 363
Meetings every Wednesday @ Hilltop Methodist Church 6-7 PM
Whole Troop News
- Next Meeting: February 3
- Cookie Order Forms are due February 7th! If you are done taking orders - bring them to Lori at THIS WEEK'S MEETING!! If you want until the 7th, you MUST bring them to Lori's house by bedtime ON the 7th. No orders can be taken after the 7th, and they have to be entered on the 8th. There is no wiggle room on this - it comes from the Utah Council!
- Parents - please make sure to sign your scout in and out every night - this helps us know who has done what activities, and to know who is there should something happen. Just a quick initial is all we need! Thank you!
See you then!!
The Brownies were Engineers this week! We talked about what Engineers do and how they create things to build. We made our own creations with gumdrops, marshmallows, and tooth picks (sorry if there was a sugar overload. They loved tasting their creations too)! They came up with some great towers, homes, and playground equipment. They were having so much fun, they didn't want to stop!
This week we are going to take a "field trip" to the nearby Smith's grocery to look at marketing. My husband works for Smith's/Kroger and is going to get me some info directly from the marketing folks to share with the girls. The idea is to see how grocers market to see what ideas we can use to "Bling Our Booth" to increase cookie sales in March.
In order to actually GO on our "field trip" the girls need to have permission slips. I sent them home from the meeting. If it didn't make it to you, or you can't find it, just let me know and I can email it to you (my email is firstname.lastname@example.org).
The girls are learning some great business skills!
January 16 to February 7 - Girls take orders
February 27 - Pick up cookies (this is a tentative date, I will have more info later, but plan on trying to pick up cookies that afternoon)
March 11 - March 27 - Booth sales (again, more info as I get it)
Have the girls sell the cookies! (See the video below!)
Check out the Girl Scout webpage for parents and girls for tons of tips for making your cookie season successful: http://www.gsutah.org/en/cookies/for-cookie-sellers.htm
Remember to have fun and call Lori if you have any questions!
One Girl Scout can make a difference, but together we can ROCK the world!
- Sign up for snacks here: Troop Snack Sign-Up
- Dues are due on the 5th of every month (you can also pay quarterly or yearly!). You can pay these directly to Grace (cell phone 801 699 0550 or email email@example.com), or if you would like to pay via PayPal please use "send money to a friend" at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your scout misses a meeting, read this newsletter to find out what she can do to make up the activities at home and still earn her badges!
- If you have any favorite songs or games you would like to share with our girls, just let us know and we would be happy to have you lead it!