August 26 - 30
Dear Grange Hall Families,
Our teachers are back and are busy preparing for an INCREDIBLE year. As you prepare for the last week of summer break, I wanted to send a few important reminders your way - please read through this newsletter to mark your calendar for some special events.
When do we find out who our teacher is?
Final class lists are being completed today. Our teacher phone calls will go out as scheduled below:
- 5th grade - 5:00 Tuesday, August 27
- 4th grade - 5:15 Tuesday, August 27
- 3rd grade - 5:30 Tuesday, August 27
- 2nd grade - 5:45 Tuesday, August 27
- 1st grade - 6:00 Tuesday, August 27
- Kindergarten - 6:15 Tuesday, August 27
- Bus information will be posted today, Tuesday, August 27. You can get your child's bus information by clicking here and then selecting "e-link". This year, we will go by BUS number. There are no longer "route" numbers. If you do not know your child's student ID number, you can view it on Parentvue or ask your child their username for logging onto the computer. We will also help at K orientation and supply drop-off.
- Parent can download an app called MyStop and track their child's bus GPS to see the exact location.
Can we volunteer at Grange Hall?
Yes, we LOVE our volunteers. This year, every volunteer must complete the online form with CCPS prior to volunteering at Grange Hall. Please take a moment to complete this form if you did not complete one last school year:
School begins on Tuesday, September 3rd at 8:30 AM and ends at 3:00 PM.
- Student drop-off begins at 8:10. Please remember, we encourage your child to ride the bus on the first day so that the bus driver can meet each child at his/her regular bus stop; this causes less confusion in the afternoon for students, teachers and bus drivers.
- We love when you join us for lunch, but the cafeteria will be closed to visitors the first two weeks of school as we will use this time to teach lunchroom expectations to our students.
- Kindergarten students with last names beginning with A-L attend school on September 3rd and 4th during the first week. Students with the last names beginning with letters M-Z will attend school on September 5th and 6th during the first week. All kindergartners will come to school on September 9th.
Medical Management Plans
- Please bring your child's Medical Management Plans to the Grange Hall office by August 30th.
- Beginning August 27, our clinic will be open to accept medication from 8:30 - 3:00. Please be patient if you bring your medication to the clinic during K orientation & supply drop-off due to the high volume of traffic.
I can't wait to see many of you on Thursday at K orientation & School Supply Drop-Off!
Denim Drive 2019
We need your denim! 2019 Denim Drive has started!
Bring your gently used denim (any style, any size/pants/skirts/shirts/shorts/jackets) to GHES and place in the boxes outside the school by the office.
The Chesterfield County school that collects the most pieces/items will win $1,000 for their school's PTA. All items will then go to Goodwill.
Together, we can put Grange Hall in first place!
Calendar of Events
Thursday, August 29 -
- Kindergarten Orientation - 10:00 - 11:30 am
- 1st - 5th grade Open House - 1:30 - 2:30 pm
Tuesday, September 3
- First Day of School - Grades 1-5
- Kindergarten staggered start date:
- Session 1: K students with last names starting with A-L - Sept. 3 & 4
- Session 2: K students with last names starting with M-Z - Sept. 5 & 6
Thursday, September 19
- Back-to-School Bulldog Blast - grades K-5
Tune in on Facebook on our Grange Hall Elementary page as Mrs. Jones reads a bedtime story at 7pm the night before school starts!