Definition and Type of crime
- Robbery is the act of unlawfully taking the property of another person by the use of violence or intimidation.
- Robbery is a violent crime.
In 2009 Christopher Michael Dean and Ricardo Curtis Lopez were arrested while robbing a bank. While robbing the bank, Dean's gun fired, causing him and Lopez to be charged no only with conspiracy to commit a robbery affecting interstate commerce, but with using, carrying, possessing, and discharging of a firearm while committing an armed robbery.
How families can affect the performance of robbery
- Families can work together to commit the crime
- Family members can cover up for people involved in the crime
- Families can also hinder the performance of the crime by discouraging them.
"DEAN v. UNITED STATES." n.pag. SIRS Government Reporter. Web. 04 Feb. 2014.
"Bank Robbery." FBI. 19 Apr. 2010. FBI. 06 Feb. 2014 <http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/vc_majorthefts/bankrobbery>