Social Studies Department Updates
Beginning of the Semester Reminders January 11, 2016
Your SS Leadership Team is Available to Support You!
Welcome 16 Week Students
Suggested Timeline for Contacting Students:
•16 week – January 4 - 8
•14 week – January 25 - 29
•12 week – February 8 - 12
Please Check Your Exam Settings!
Beginning of Semester Daily Checklist
Please be sure to keep your old NEWS items. Mark them as expired, not deleted. QAS will be checking to see that you are updating your NEWS items weekly.
Select "any condition must be met" if you have created multiple conditions for a course news item.
Join the Social Studied Edmodo Group
SS Edmodo group Code: oprk7g
- Communicate student accommodations promptly to stakeholders.
- If a student is to receive extended time on quizzes/tests, make sure to promptly add the extended time. For help, please reference the Extended Time on Tests/Quizzes Accommodation Guidelines.
- See this video for how to use groups when you have multiple students needing accommodations. Brightspace has gone through several updates so you may find that you need to adjust the instructions slightly. Adding Accommodations for Multiple Students
- Email accommodations you make to stakeholder from Thesis so that there is a record in the communication log. Include Home and Facilitator in the email. Include your email signature.
- Attend the Special Needs and Accommodations Professional Development on Thursday of this week. The JIT meeting this week (Monday) will also address accommodations.
- Inform your students with accommodations about how to use Natural Reader.
Suggestions for a Smooth Semester
Under discussion options require users to post a thread first. This will create more original initial posts.
Student Email Signature
Using Grading Rubrics
Everything You Want to Know about Brightspace, Thesis, and GAVS but are Afraid to Ask!
Please read the Weekly GAVS Updates Carefully!
Directions for viewing the weekly notes:
- Be sure to bookmark the GaVS Instruction Site.
- Click on "Instruction Notebook" located in the left column.
- Select January 2016, and then click on the January 6 tab. This link takes you directly to the Instruction Notebook where ILT notes are housed, which are always available for you to reference.