2nd Grade Lone Star Press
Thursday, March 5th, 4:30-6pm
5730 Wilford Drive
Second Grade Marketplace
Spring Book Fair is coming!
Are y'all ready to get your kids Wild about Books at our Scholastic jungle book fair!?! So are we!!
The lions, tigers and books will be at Lindsey March 23-27!
Multicultural Night ~ March 27th
Our theme this year is: EVERYONE BELONGS
We are excited to host our 2nd annual Multicultural Night at Lindsey!
The event will include: Cultural Dances and Performances, Food sampling and plenty of opportunities to get to know Lindsey Families and their culture!
Check out www.lindseypta.org for more information.
We Are Learning…...
- Inflectional endings
Six Flags Read to Succeed
Lindsey is participating in the Six Flags Read to Succeed Six Hour Reading Club!
This year parents and/or guardians will record their child’s reading at www.sixflags.com/books. Information was sent home before the holidays with a class code. You will need this code to register your child’s reading log. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need your class code. Online registration must be completed by March 31, 2020.
Parents, we just want to remind you that our tardy bell rings at 7:45. This is when our announcements begin and our day is underway. If your student is walking in the building after 7:45 they are not getting into the classrooms and unpacking until after this has all begun. We do not want them to miss this important start to our day. Please make an effort to have your student in our building by 7:45. Thanks so much for your help!
Lindsey Serves - Changing the world one minute at a time.
Our campus goal is 3000 hours! For each hour of community service, students will write their name on a gold heart sticker and place it on the #LindseyLoves heart. We would love to fill the heart with all your Lonestar's hours by the end of the school year.
Don't forget to snap a pic of your child’s act of service and tag @LindseyElem on Twitter with hashtag #LindseyLoves.
Click the link below for service opportunities. Enter your city or zip code on the website and a list of volunteer opportunities comes up.
Thanks for teaching our future the importance of CIVIC MINDFULNESS.
Please make note of these upcoming events:
- March 5th: Chick fil A Spirit Day
- March 5th: OPEN HOUSE 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- March 6th: Sharpen the Saw Clubs 11:20-11:50 a.m.
- March 6th: Early Release for Staff & Students
- March 9th-13th: SPRING BREAK
- March 17th: Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast (8:00-8:45am) Library
- March 19th: Chick-Fil- A Spirit Day
- March 20th: 6th Grade STEAM Center visit (9:00-2:00pm)
- March 23rd-27th: Book Fair
- March 23rd & 24th: 3rd & 4th Grade Battling with Books
- March 26th: Shine Time (K-1 st) 8:30-9:15 (2nd-3 rd) 9:30-10:15
- March 27th: Shine Time (4-6) 9:00-10:00
- March 27th: PTA Executive Mtg. (Working Lunch) 12:00-1:30
- March 27th: Multi-Cultural Night (5:30-7:00pm)
- March 30th & 31st: 5th and 6th grade Battling with Books
Akiya Garrity- email@example.com @garritynation
Becky White- firstname.lastname@example.org @fantasticfrog1
Megan McCain- email@example.com @MrsMcCain2nd
Lori Kearney- firstname.lastname@example.org @MrsLorikearney
Ashley Bchtold- email@example.com @Bechtold_2ndGd