Ms. Patterson's Integrated Unit #1
ELA-Math-Science-Social Studies 5th Grade
Common Core Essential Standards
ELA: RL 5.2 Determine theme of a story, poem, or drama RL 5.1 Quote accurately from a text and draw inferences. RL 5.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text. RL 5.7 Analyze how visual and multimedia elements contribute to the meaning, tone, or beauty of a text. RI. 5.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text. RI. 5.2 Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
Science: 5.P.1.1 Explain how factors such as gravity, friction, and change in mass affect the motion of objects. Writing: W.5.3 Writing a narrative to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
Math: Review 4.OA and 4NBT standards 5.NBT.3.a Read and write decimals to thousandths using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form 5.NBT.3b Compare two decimals to thousandths based on meanings of the digits in each place, using >,=, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
- Students will be able to state a theme of a story, poem, or drama.
- Students will be able to determine the meaning of words or phrases by using prefixes and suffixes in the text.
- SWBAT...quote accrately from the text when explaining what the text says explicitly and drawing inferences from the text.
- SWBAT... explain the engineering design process
- SWBAT... demonstrate competency on 4th grade math skills.
- SWBAT...read and write numbers to the thousandths place, along with using expanded form and comparing decimal numbers through the thousandths place.