Obama and the War on Terror
By: John Allen
- "What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz and other
- Obama has frequently been praised for his "principled opposition" to the war.
- The war distracted us from catching bin laden.
- Obama was out of date in saying the Iraqi government has “$79 billion,” when he argued that the US should stop spending money on the war in Iraq.
- You don’t defeat a terrorist network that operates in eighty countries by occupying Iraq.
Map of the War of Terror
War of Terror?
The War of Terror is also known as the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT), is a term applied to the international military campaign that started after the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the United States. The campaign led to an international campaign to eliminate al-Qaeda and other militant organizations. Homeland Security is the department created to fight the war on terror.
- The US created Al-Queda and ISIS
- pretrial detention of suspects in the "War on Terrorism", including those held
- There is a possibility that Saddam gave Al-Queda a safe haven and training place.