Thursday, September 2, 2021
Message from Dr. Frischkorn
Good Evening Mayfield!
Happy Labor Day Weekend! I hope that everyone has an opportunity to relax and rejuvenate over the four-day weekend. Students and staff will have Friday, September 3rd, and Monday, September 6th off of school. Students will return to school on Tuesday.
Did you know that Labor Day was first celebrated in 1882 and became a federal holiday in 1894. The intent for Labor Day is to celebrate and show appreciation for the labor of working. Our community is filled with many exceptional workers who put a lot of time, effort and sweat into their work. Our school is filled with some amazing workers as well. Especially in today's society, where finding highly qualified workers has been difficult for many organizations, Mayfield and Manassas City Public School's continues to be a great place to work. We currently have openings in several schools, and we are always looking for amazing substitute teachers. If you are interested in filling out an application or talking to me about some of our school division's amazing opportunities, take a moment to look at our employment opportunity page.
Click Here for Employment Opportunities: https://www.mcpsva.org/Page/188
Dr. Donald Frischkorn
Love Your Laptop!
Our goal now is to continue to take care of the technology that we put into the hands of every staff member and student. It is essential that students love their laptops and treat their laptops with respect.
Here are some suggestions that we want students to practice regularly:
- Please bring your laptop home and remember to bring it back to school every day
- Make sure that your laptop is fully charged before the start of the school day.
- Shut down and restart your computer weekly to ensure that your laptop is up-to-date with the latest updates.
- Quickly report any issues that you are having with your laptop so that our technology specialist can quickly support you and get your laptop running at peak performance levels.
- Carry your laptop in the protective carrying case that the school supplied to you a the beginning of the year.
Gifted and Talented Referrals
Fall Growth Assessment
School Lunch Menus
A Day/B Day Schedule for Next Week
Tuesday, September 7: A-Day
Wednesday, September 8: B-Day
Thursday, September 9: A-Day
Friday, September 10: B-Day
Important Dates Coming Up
- September 3 and September 6, 2021: Labor Day Weekend-School Division Closed
- September 14, 2021: 1st Quarter Interim Reports
- October 14, 2021: End of the 1st Quarter
- October 15, 2021: Early Release: Teacher Workday
- October 21, 2021: Early Release: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- October 22, 2021: Student Holiday: Parent-Teacher Conferences