It's Time to Get Charged
Voluntary Parent Meetings
Voluntary parent information meetings will be held beginning in November by grade level. The purpose of these meetings is to provide an overview of the HISD PowerUp initiative and the responsible use of technology. Please note that due to the capacity of our auditorium we are asking that only parents attend the meetings.
Parent Meeting Schedule:
- 9th Grade: November 12th at 7:00 pm
- 10th Grade: November 13th at 7:00pm
- 11/12th Grade: December 4th at 7:00pm
Things you need to know to receive a student laptop.
- A student must have an active GradeSpeed (PS Connect) account and be able to log into their account. Students click here to make sure that you can log in to GradeSpeed. Students MUST have their OWN account. They cannot use a parent account. *If a student does not have a GradeSpeed account he/she can register here.
- A Student Laptop Loan Agreement must be signed and returned. The student’s ID number must be included on the form. Download a form here.
- Parents/guardians are required to pay a cash, non-refundable fee of $25. This fee should accompany the Student’s Laptop Agreement form. For those families who are having difficulty affording the $25, please reach out to Mr. McDonough or your Assistant Principal so they can create a payment plan, apply for a scholarship, or explore alternative options.
Students may turn in their Student Laptop Loan Agreement form and their $25 CASH fee at lunch in the Main Offic. Students will be issued a receipt at the time they submit their fee and document. The Student Laptop Loan Agreement form and fee may also be turned in at the Parent Meetings.
We encourage all students to take care of the items above immediately.
- In addition to the above requirements students must also complete a Digital Citizenship Class that will be provided during a school day. Students will also be given instructions on creating an account in Office 365.
Below are resources provided by H.I.S.D. on the Power Up Initiative