Important information for new users
By joining MultiMedia services, Whitehall has also joined the BOCES courier service. If you were to borrow multiple copies of a book, they would arrive with the courier on Monday. Any smaller items or deliveries will be sent through the daily mail bag.
I am a NYS certified teacher and librarian, and am eager to help teachers access our resources.
Username and Password Information:
If you run into a problem, and this is not working for you, please email me and we can get you set up straight away.
The password for all users is wswheboces.
By joining the MultiMedia COSER, Whitehall now has access to the entire MultiMedia library collection. Here are the most recent numbers for what our collection contains-
- Over 722 DVD collection titles
- 102 Big Book titles – each big book title is accompanied by a teacher's guide, student copies of the book, and many include an audiotape reading of the book
- 650+ Multiple Book titles – this collection covers all grades and contains 20-100+ student copies of each book. This collection includes at least 55 copies of all required NYS Common Core Module books grades 3-8. Many recommended texts are included as well.
- 34 Module Kits (PK-2) – Module kits consist of the recommended read aloud support sets for the NYS ELA curriculum.
- Over 140 Audio Book & Playaway titles – this collection, consisting of unabridged books on Playaway and CD, was developed to support student listening skills
- Over 100,000 streaming audio/video titles. (Our major streaming services are NBC Learn, Learn360 and Core Curriculum Content (CCC!).
- Thousands of Educational Tools (experiments, fact sheets, maps, timelines, etc.)
- Over 75,000 Digital Pictures. These digital pictures are copyright free and can be used in any school project or presentation.
- 75+ Jackdaws Primary Resource Kits. A Jackdaw is a personal archive of hands-on primary source materials. They are an array of fascinating, relevant primary source documents perfect for the new Social Studies standards.
- Makerspace Materials: 4 Breakout EDU Kits, 3 Ozobot Classroom Kits, 12 LEGO WeDo 2.0 Kits, 4 LEGO Mindstorm EV3 Core Set Kits, 1 Exploring Machines K'NEX Kit (Elem), 1 Real Bridge Building K'NEX Kit (Middle), 1 Roller Coaster Physics K'NEX Kit (High) + Many more leveled Makerspace Kits.
Our department also does off air recording (presidential debates, news clips, documentaries). We also handle duplication (class projects, end of year videos, etc.). We also provide access to Soundzabound copyright free music. Soundzabound is available for teachers and students.
Users also have direct access the PBS Learning Media, which is a free resource provided by WMHT. PBS LearningMedia has great state and local materials, self-paced lessons & lesson plans.
Access to all of these resources is available once logged into the library catalog.