Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of Jan 3rd
- Online Learning - several CCS Schools have had to transition to online learning this week. Colerain is NOT one of them. However, please be proactive in planning for this possibility "if" it happens. If it does, we will let you know ASAP!
- Colerain COVID Vaccine Clinic - registered students that received dose 1, will receive dose 2 of the vaccine this week.
- Updated COVID-19 Guidance posted below
- Middle School Lottery and Fair information posted below
- Lunch Menu posted below
- Charity Newsies - A big thank you to this local organization that donated numerous pairs of underwear and long pants to Colerain!
- Watch Colerain Morning Announcements - https://classroom.google.com/c/NDQxNDY5MzEwNDk1?cjc=dfhhe5x - Class Code: dfhhe5x
- NO SCHOOL - January 17th - 19th (for MLK, PD, & Records Days)
Updated COVID-19 Guidance
Columbus City Schools has adopted the newest guidance from the CDC regarding COVID-19 isolation and quarantine procedures, following the recommendation of Columbus Public Health. Learn more about the updated CDC guidance here.
- If You Test Positive for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, everyone should isolate for 5 days (instead of 10 days)
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your home and return to school/work as long as you continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If You Were Exposed to Someone with COVID-19, your vaccination status (including whether you have received a booster shot) will determine the need to quarantine and test. Click here for additional details from the CDC.
Please report exposures and positive tests to Colerain, so the nurses can initiate contact tracing and provide a date your student may return to school.
Middle School Lottery and School Fair
Middle School Fair (Virtual): January 13, 2022 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. - join a zoom to meet virtually with the Middle School Principal (of your home school or a potential lottery school).
- Zoom links will be posted soon on the CCS Website
- In the meantime, you may watch introduction videos posted on each Middle School's Website
For more information and a helpful video: https://www.ccsoh.us/schoolchoice
Colerain Winter Concert
COLERAIN WINTER CONCERT VIDEOS
4th & 5th Grade Strings: https://youtu.be/ykiPkTiUC70
4th & 5th Grade Band: https://youtu.be/wxOyKfoUz0U
4th & 5th Grade Vocals: https://youtu.be/Emr_RMd6Ksk
2nd & 3rd Grade Vocals: https://youtu.be/MlPfJueI6c0
K & 1st Grade Vocals: https://youtu.be/VVIAiUBlKE4
Please excuse any sound/video issues. We are limited on our technology.
PBIS Tier I Practices - "ALL STAR STUDENT OF THE MONTH"
Each month teacher picks a student(s) in his or her classroom who have exemplified our Colerain 3Bs (Be Respectful, Be a Kind Friend, Be Your Best Self).
The “Stars” are posted on the All Star Student of the Month bulletin board for 2 months. A form is sent home for the parent/guardian to fill out about their child. Toward the end of the month, they can invite a guest to come in; where the essays will be read. Each student will receive an award certificate and a sticker to wear.
Establish a good relationship with teachers to support class success
- Teachers are your best ally and connecting regularly with them to share your child's strengths and needs can support their learning success.
- Ask the teacher what classroom expectations and reinforcement tools they use and use them at home too!
- If your kid needs more support, talk to your student's teacher about involving the PBIS Team and Tier 2 Practices.
- In partnership, you, the teacher and the PBIS Team work together to meet the child's needs and further success!
- Ohio Department of Health: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Columbus Public Health: https://www.columbus.gov/c19vax/
- Children's Hospital: https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/health-wellness-and-safety-resources/covid-19/vaccine
- Your Pediatrician: call them to see if they are providing vaccines yet
- ***NEW: Black Mental Health: http://blackmentalhealthohio.com/columbus/
- ***NEW: Tutoring Resources: https://www.ccsoh.us/cms/lib/OH01913306/Centricity/Domain/2901/21-22%20Tutoring%20Resources%20A.pdf
- Ohio Hispanic Coalition - After School Program - see flyer below
- Action for Children - is the local child care resource and referral agency for Central Ohio; serving Columbus and Franklin County.
FREE Legal Help - https://cair-ohio.com/request-legal-help
LSS 211- CONNECTING NEIGHBORS TO RESOURCES
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
- Special Ed Parent Mentor Program
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.