MAKE AND TAKE MATH WORKSTATIONS!
The Back to School Online Must Do Conference
Getting Started and Getting Better with Leveled Workstations
When: August 19th and September 9th (2 different dates to choose from)
What: A MAKE AND TAKE WORKSHOP (Each Participant will get a WORKSTATION KIT SENT TO THEM SO THEY CAN FULLY PARTICIPATE DURING THE WORKSHOP) WHEN THE WORKSHOP IS OVER YOUR STARTER WORKSTATIONS ARE DONE!
Why: Because you want to start the year off right! You will get AN AMAZING LEVELED WORKSTATION STARTER KIT so that you can start planning for leveled, differentiated, engaging, standardard-based, rigorous, engaging workstations throughout the year!
Cost: $220 includes leveled word problem and fluency workstation starter kits
*In order to get your workstation starter kits on time you must enroll for the August session by August 9th and the September session by August 30th
**Participants can enroll after the dates but the kits might come after the workshop (and so participants would have to put the kits together when they got them)
Frequently Asked Questions
What will we do in the workshop?
We will discuss fluency and word problems in depth. We will look at and discuss beginning of the year assessments that help to determine where students should start work at the beginning of the year. We will discuss how to fill gaps.
What will we get in the kit?
You will get a starter kit with leveled activities for fluency at your grade level.
You will get a starter kit with leveled activities for word problems at your grade level.
What other resources will be available?
Each participant will get a grade level beginning of the year fluency assessment and word problem assessment. There will be a variety of references to digital resources that teachers can use to build their stations throughout the year.
Ten Reasons to Participate
- Learning ways to level workstations
- Discussing the fluency continuums
- Exploring the word problem continuums
- Developing activities to teach according to the continuums for fluency
- Developing activities to teach according to the continuums for word problems
- Talking about how this fits into the overall math workshop model
- Managing how this works with your current curriculum
- Managing student accountability
- Planning to effectively organize and monitor student progress
- Establishing routines and procedures for organizing the workstations