Week of January 18, 2022
Week of January 31, 2022
Let's Reach Our "Healthy Lives" Vision Together
Principal Hudson's Message
Greetings KHMSM Parents!
Our Caregivers look forward to seeing our residents tomorrow. Covid cases have decreased greatly, but we still need your help! Please let us know immediately if your child needs to quarantine due to a positive case in your home or testing positive. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call, or text back on this newsletter, so we can better serve all students. Attached is information about free testing available at our school, but please submit an excuse and keep all ill students home. Per district policy, we can accept up to 5 parent notes stating the reason for the absence if they did not visit the doctor.
Big Ideas for the Week!
- Spirit Tshirt Order Forms and money are due by Tuesday. You can send then on Monday. If you need a digital option and would like to CashApp please email email@example.com and we will make arrangements for you.
- Reading Roadmap will be held Monday - Thursday evening. Please pick up at 4:30.
- Wellness Wednesday - Medical Attire (Don't forget a coat over the lab coat. It's chilly!) We will have a guest speaker for K-1 students, Kellie Burke from Happy Healthy. 4th graders don't forget your lab coats for your Science presentations.
- It's time for a "Check Up." Join us for a Parent Meeting Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 5pm on School Announcements.
- Microban Spray
- Small bottles of water
Please consider contributing to our Donors Choose campaign for a poster printer for our staff and students to improve learning with the help of large visuals. Click below to give or share with others:
Special thanks to the following families that donated since our last newsletter:
- Parents of McKenzie Sullinger
- Parents of Vondria Wilson
- Parents of Abee Hudson
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- 60% Day - Wednesday, February 9th
- Progress Reports Distribution - Thursday, February 10th
- President's Day - (School Closed) - Monday, February 21st
District Parent Event
Join the CMSD Parent Center in partnership with the Mississippi Dept of Education on Monday, January 31st
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/cmc-pcqh-snf
Or dial: (US) +1 316-536-0702
PIN: 728 739 274#
Let’s Get Emotionally Healthy
We would love to increase our school spirit by adding multiple Spirit Fridays during each month. Our first design will serve as a fundraiser for our school garden cameras. Please consider purchasing a t-shirt to support these efforts. The t-shirt will be red. Order forms were sent Friday, but are also attached below. Money will be collected between January 31st and February 1st. The prices are below:
Adult Small-XL $14
It's Time for a Check Up!
District Reading Fair Highlights
Division A- Abee Hudson placed 2nd place
Division B- Morgan Deberry placed 3rd place
Division C- Zhemariah Burrage place 2nd place
Division G - Brandon Williams - place 1st place
Tshirt Design for Spirit Shirt Listed Above
Let's Get Physically Healthy
Children Vaccines are available in Clarksdale!!
- Clarksdale's Walmart Pharmacy
- Urgent and Primary Care (Daily Vaccinations)
- Aaron E. Henry Community Health Center (Fridays)
Call and get more information if you are interested. We have had several students receive the Covid-19 vaccine, and so far all have that have shared with us had a good experience. DID YOU KNOW??
Vaccinated students can avoid the 14 day quarantine if they are a close contact. If they have no symptoms and test negative every 3-5 days. Free tests are available at school with parent signed permission slips.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
Save the Children Comes to CMSD
Parent Center Resources Available
Mrs. Sharon Montgomery, District Parent Liaison, is happy to assist with learning projects like the ones listed below. Please don’t hesitate to ask for help with your educational project. Call 662.627.8500 or visit the Central Office at 526 S Choctaw Street for more information.