Violence Against Women
Exposing Everyday Terrors
What is Violence Against Women?
Violence Against Women happen everyday, to people that may seem fine or without bruises because it can happen emotionally too. Women suffer from so many disorders due to being abused by partners and have trouble building trust and letting people in. Violence Against Women needs to stop because no one, no matter what they are going through has the right to lay their hands on a women in any rough physical way, ever.
On average 30% of women in relationships reported they have experienced some form of physical or sexual violence.
38% of murders of women have been committed by an intimate partner
Between 0.3%-11.5% of women reported experiencing sexual violence by a non-partner since they were 15 years old
- 42% of women have reported injuries caused by physical abuse from intimate partners
Violence Against Women Can Cause...
Can lead to unintended pregnancies, induced abortions, sexually transmitted infections including HIV
This form of violence can lead to depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, sleep difficulties, eating disorders, and emotional distress.
- Violence can result in physical, mental, sexual, reproductive health
What are the effects of Violence Against Women?
- Violence stops women from having their most basic rights - to safety, health, schooling and working.
- Violence limits women's access to land, water, and food and their ability to participate in work and education.
- Violence makes women face a major obstacle where they are not able to create a sense of safety, peace and security.
- Violence causes risk of infections, such as HIV and AIDS