The "Buck Nation" Tribune
The Official NGMS Family Newsletter 8/28/2022
Thanks to all the families that come out yesterday for Parent Orientation. We trust that the information you received was helpful and clear. We are super excited to see our students tomorrow morning.
Please see the reminders and instructions below.
- This is an "A" week for electives.
- Doors open at 7:25 am. Bell for 1st period to be at 7:50. Please make sure your child is here on time.
- If you were unable to attend yesterday, please see the presentation presented here:
- All 6th graders will enter the main school entrance in the front.
- All 7th graders will enter the side entrance near room 105. ( side door off of Garfield street)
- All 8th graders will enter the side entrance near room 101. ( side door off of Garfield Street.
Will be distributed by team… during the week.
Students will only be able to visit them during specific times of the day or with a pass from their teacher.
Bookbags must be kept in lockers.
No crop tops (bellies must be covered)
Shorts must be below fingertips
No sagging pants
No head coverings, unless its religious
NO Hoodies, Wave Caps, Bandanas, or Bonnets
- ID is mandatory for student pick up
- No early dismissal after 2:00pm. Parents can not pick up after 2:00pm
- Cell phone policy - no phone in classroom - only allowed during lunch time.
- No outside food. No doordash or grubhub can be sent to students
- Lunch boxes are allowed.
Partnering with families will be crucial this year as we seek to increase positive family engagement here at Greene. We encourage families to stay connected and informed by following our district and school website for important information. We value our partnership with families as we navigate this year together. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with questions or concerns. Be the Dream…. Whatever it Takes #Greene Greatness.
Yours in the Work,
Dr. R. D. Sermons
- Picture day is scheduled for Friday, September 29.
We are happy to announce the launch of the NGMS Spirit Wear Store.
- To shop, visit https://nathanaelgreenespiritwear.com
Listed below are ways to stay connected.
- School Webpage https://www.providenceschools.org/Greene.
If you have not done so already, please be sure to...
- Download the Class Dojo App here .
- Sign up for Parent Link here.
- You can learn about being a volunteer here.
- You can sign up for Kinvolved here .
- You can sign up for Let’s Talk here.
Be the Dream…. Whatever it Takes #Greene Greatness
Follow us on Twitter
From AP Rinalducci...
We have been working tirelessly to prepare for you to share your children with us. We are privileged for the opportunity to engage Greene students in the learning process. Teachers have been in the building getting classrooms ready for weeks- preparing the space, curriculum and materials. We are excited to start the school year. We are committed to supporting children socially, emotionally and academically throughout the year. As questions and issues arise, please reach out immediately.
Our priorities are Safety and Respect. Keeping that in mind, we must follow our procedures. Please note a few important logistical details:
Attendance Matters: The school day starts at 7:50. It's critical that students are on time. We open the doors and start serving breakfast every day at 7:20am.
It's important that we set the tone for school appropriate dress.
Please notice the Dress Code in the HANDBOOK HERE.
If a student is out of dress code, he or she will be asked to adjust or wear something from the school closet. As a last resort, we will call parents to bring school appropriate items. Please Note that there are not hats, do-rags, wave-caps, sunglasses, hoodies or "shiesties" allowed this year at all.
Ms. Amanda Rinalducci, Ed.S.
7th & 8th Grade Administrator
From AP DAVID...
Thank you for coming out to open house on Saturday, August 27th. It was so great to see so many excited families.
Monday, August 29th begins the new school year, and I am super excited to welcome the 6th graders and the returning 7th and 8th graders. While the first few weeks may be a little hectic, please know that we are doing our best to make this transition a smooth one. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Ms. Jaime David, M. Ed.
6th & 7th Grade Administrator
From Mr Maxsom-Taylor Director of Operations...
Welcome Back Family and Students,
I cannot wait to meet you all. I hope you have had a wonderful summer. August 29th is the start of a new journey, a new grade, new opportunities, and new mindset. This year I challenge you to aim for success and overcome the failures. Remember with your hard work and determination anything is possible.
Director of Operations
From Mrs. Barrett Head of Guidance
Welcome to Greene for the 2022-2023 school year. Your School Counseling team looks forward to welcoming students and getting them started on the right track. Returning this year are:
Carissa "Miss J" Jandrositz working with 6th grade
Lori Daignault working with 8th grade; and
Shannon Barrett working with 7th and 8th grade
Olivia Williams, Clerk
Until we hire a new counselor, each of the three counselors will be supporting 7th grade students.
Please feel free to reach out to us at: 401-456-9319
From Mr. Furtick School Culture Coordinator...
Thank you to all of the parents who attended any of the events yesterday at Greene. It was a pleasure to meet you, and I look forward to further interactions.
At Nathanael Greene we have assigned 1 School Community Specialist (SCS) per grade.
Mr. Conti 6th Grade
Ms. Barreno 7th Grade
Mr. Angell 8th Grade
Each SCS will be active and visible throughout each school day.
- This year at Nathanael Greene, we have created a school store, where students and families can purchase a variety of items. The school store will be open online for the entire 2022-2023 school year. Here is the direct link to the store. https://www.nathanaelgreenespiritwear.com/
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Mr. Alick Furtick
School Culture Coordinator
From Mrs. Silva Our Librarian
Welcome to the new school year!
- School Library website for students to access resources and activities: https://sites.google.com/providenceschools.org/ngmslibrary/home
- Looking forward to new reading promotions and fun this year!
- If your student is interested in joining Book Club or Maker club or needs a new reading book or two or three have them see Mrs. Silva in Room 105!
- Library clubs sign up form: https://forms.gle/wD3ipZKWdpYSwzdy6
GET CONNECTED .... STAY CONNECTED
We are striving to ensure that our families are connected to the school in every aspect possible. We want our families to stay informed of all the wonderful things that are happening here at Nathanael Greene. We ask that you please visit our new and improved website on a regular basis for current news and upcoming events. https://www.providenceschools.org/Greene.
Nathanael Greene Middle School
The mission of Nathanael Greene Middle School is to create a safe and healthy learning environment. We practice mutual respect. We pursue high standards of learning, teaching, and conduct. We will equip students with the necessary skills to become life-long learners and responsible citizens.
The Nathanael Greene Middle School will be a national leader in educating urban youth for future success in high school and beyond.