Tech Buzz - The Year So Far
Technology is Buzzing at Irmo High School!
First Semester Tech at IHS
iPad Rollout for Students
Hour of Code
If you didn't participate, please consider trying it next year. Ask a teacher who was involved how easy it was and how much students enjoyed it. I promise you don't even need to know one thing about coding to participate!
Celebrating Tech Use
Read below for some great examples of ways your colleagues have used technology in the classroom so far this year! Feel free to ask any of them about their lessons.
- Caroline Davis had students take pictures of the digestive system, then draw on and label the pictures in Skitch.
- Alenda Jones' students prepared Keynote presentations of vocabulary terms.
- Peter Lauzon had students using 3 separate apps on their iPads during an "egg"cellent lab, and even taking pictures through a microscope using the iPad minis.
- Nancy Owen is helping prepare her IB students for their IB exam by practicing recording interviews on the iPads.
- Gene Williams is a whiz at creating and using Prezi for interesting presentations for his classes.
- Karen Heath was amused at the videos her Econ students created using iMovie for advertising the product ideas they developed.
- Allison Smith's and Jeff Corley's biology students created a stop-motion movie of mitosis using innovative iPad stands!
- Christine Boyeson was truly excited when her students were able to collaborate with middle school classes virtually!
- Madison Lane had her students creating fun radio commercials by using audio mixing software.
- Stephanie Dukes presented a Shakespeare play to her students using an app on her iPad that gave them the play acted out in cartoon form.
- Joe Cunningham motivated his students with an online Entrepreneurship game to practice skills learned in class.
And there have been many, many more - way too many to list here!
Anytime you have a great technology infused lesson, please let Heather Boudreaux know, and you could be featured in the next issue of The Tech Buzz.
Upcoming Event - Digital Learning Day
All you will need to do is plan some sort of technology or digital learning in your classroom for that day, which many of you would do anyway! It can be as simple or as complex as you want, and can easily fit right into your plans you will already have.