Indian Run Family Update
Indian Run Elementary | May 20, 2022
Hello Indian Run Families,
We are in the home stretch! We have officially made it to the last week of school. This year has flown by! It has been nothing short of amazing to see the growth our students have made this year. We are so proud of them and of all their accomplishments this year. IRE is a special, special place thanks to our amazing students! We love them!
Just a reminder that next week is a bit different. Thursday is the last day for our KG students and Friday we dismiss at 12:25pm for grades 1-5. If you have any questions as we round out the year, please let us know.
Have a great weekend IRE!
Amber and Marty
Indian Run Announcements
5th Grade Student Celebration
- Wednesday, May 25th
- Bell Ringing Ceremony: 12:45-1:15pm in the front loop. Parents and family members, feel free to join!
- 5th Grade Yard Party with Live DJ and Lunch: 1:30-3:30pm @ IRE (Students Only)
- A separate email went out to just 5th grade families about volunteering for the 5th grade celebration. There is still time to volunteer :)
5th Grade Concert
- Ladies and gentlemen! One and all! Enjoy the wonders of music in a special IRE premiere. This year's 5th grade concert, CHANGE SINGS, based on the story by Amanda Gorman, will take place on YouTube Premiere, which means it will "go live" at 7:00pm on Thursday, May 26. If you can't watch it right at 7:00pm, no worries! The prerecorded event will be available on the The Wire page after it goes live. Keep an eye on your email for the concert link to be shared with you once production is complete. Then, grab a bowl of popcorn, get comfortable, and see you online at 7:00pm on Thursday, May 26. Enjoy the show!
- Be sure to check out our latest episode of The Wire.
IRE 2022-2023 School Supply Sale - Open until June 1
Hello Indian Run Families,
As you begin planning for the 2022-2023 school year, parents and families can order school supplies for the upcoming year to support our PTO and check it off the summer to-do list. It's a win-win!
It's simple and easy! You can order online, now through through Wednesday, June 1st. Flyers went home with students last week. All orders will be paid for and ordered online. Supplies will then be delivered to IRE and available for pick up prior to the first day of school. More information about delivery and pick up will come in August.
Thanks to our PTO reps Justin Leyda and Lisa DeCenzo for organizing this online sale for our students and families!
- Click on this link to get started: https://www.shopttkits.com/
- Our school code is: 6495
- Need to update your IRE wardrobe? Check out our IRE Spirtwear options
IRE PTO Update
The success of the IRE PTO is dependent on parent volunteers! Please consider getting involved to support our amazing IRE students!
Donate your time
Looking to get involved as a volunteer? Contact the IRE PTO President for ways to volunteer as a committee chairperson or a volunteer on a particular committee or for a specific PTO-sponsored event. Some of our committees require only a few hours commitment per school year!
Donate your talents
Do you like party planning? Are you a numbers person? Interested in cooking? The IRE PTO can find an outlet for your talents for an event, a teacher appreciation dinner, or an executive board committee position that you are suited to most!
IRE PTO is in need of the following positions for the upcoming school year:
Social Media Secretary on our Executive Board
Dine and Donate Chairperson
John Orr/IRE PTO Scholarship Chairperson
Teacher and Staff Appreciation Chairperson
IRE Fall Social Chairperson
There are many ways to help out during the school year, and we can't do it without you! Please email our PTO President, Erin Jeffrey, at ErinLyn28@gmail.com if you are interested in volunteering or have any questions about the available positions. Thank you!
Free Lunch Over Summer
- Dublin City Schools will provide grab-and-go lunch services over the summer for our students. Pickup will begin on June 1 at Wright Elementary. You can read more information here.
School Supply Information for Students Going to SELLS MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Parents can go to https://www.shopttkits.com. and type in the Sells school code of #91446.
- The online sale will be active for the next 4 weeks (until mid-June). There are a bunch of accessories and extras that folks can buy beyond the kits if they want (like calculators or new headphones) as well as the binders that are required for choir. There is also a specific kit for children that will be participating in band.
Karrer Middle School
- The KMS PTO is offering families a convenient way for students to purchase school supplies kits and they can be picked up during student walk through in August. Save yourself the hassle of last minute shopping and price comparisons! Deadline is July 1st! Click HERE to order.
- In addition to grade level supplies, all KMS students will be required to purchase a paper planner next year through the PTO. Planners will be on sale during walk through day (8/11/22) as well as the first week of school.
Free Backpacks and School Supplies from One Dublin
One Dublin - Family Fun Days
Dublin Scioto Youth Football Camp
Dublin Coffman Volleyball Summer Camp
Dublin Scioto Summer Basketball Camp
Dublin Coffman Youth Football Camp Opportuniy
- The camps are designed to be fun, informative, and will hopefully let the kids run off some extra energy they might have during the summer!
- Youth Camp One: Tuesday, May 31st-Thursday, June 2nd from 6:30PM-8PM
- Youth Camp Two: Tuesday, June 21st-Thursday, June 23rd from 6:30PM-8PM
- Click HERE to sign up.
- - - - - - - - -
Summer Reading 2022
Reading over the summer is a critical way to maintain and build upon the reading habits developed throughout the school year. Dublin City Schools values our students’ reading lives; therefore, we will provide year-round opportunities for our students to engage in experiences that will allow them to grow in literacy. Click here to read information for the 2022 Summer has been updated on the District website.
New Listings on Student Job Resource Page
After our successful Work in Dublin Job, Career and Internship Fair in April, we still have our job resource page with new additions. You can find those opportunities on our Student Job Resource page.
Summer Lunch Program
Dublin City Schools will provide grab-and-go lunch services over the summer for our students. Pickup will begin on June 1 at Wright. You can read more information here.
Youth Activities - New activities addedCheck out our youth activities web page regularly to stay up to date on the most recent activities available for students outside of school.