Blue Hills News
From the Desk of the Principal
Week of October 28 - 2019
To the Blue Hills community:
A lot has been going on here at Blue Hills. Here are some highlights!
- Hot lunches are back! Thanks to everyone for their patience and understanding as our cafeteria kitchen was renovated.
- Thank you to all the parents/guardians who attended our parent-teacher conferences. Please reach out to teachers directly or to guidance if you would like to have any follow-up conversations.
- Open House will take place on November 6th for prospective students and families. Thank you for your help in spreading the word!
- Our annual Jeans for Troops Fundraiser is underway at the direction of Mr. Cavanaugh. Last year, we raised over $1,000! Students and faculty may contribute and wear hats and jeans on November 8th.
- Congratulations to the following athletic teams who have qualified for the state tournament: Football, Golf, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer. Congratulations all on a great season so far!
- Welcome to our new Academic Director, Dr. Paul Bavuso, formerly the ELA Coordinator for the Wakefield Public Schools. We are excited to have Dr. Bavuso as part of the team!
- Believe it or not, the first term ends on November 8th. Please check in with your student to make sure classwork is up to date.
- Thank you all for your support of Blue Hills - have a great week.
- October 29 - Fall Flower Arranging Fundraiser for SkillsUSA 5:30 p.m.
- November 5 - District School Committee 7 p.m.
- November 6 - Open House 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. & Early Release @ 11:35 a.m.
- November 8 - Term 1 Ends; Report Cards will be published on November 15
- November 11 - No School - Veterans Day