RRHS Phoenix - Weekly Update!
Welcome to the Rock!
We are excited and planning for the return of students to the virtual classroom and will continue to be partners during this historical time.
Beginning next Sunday August 23rd, you will receive a detailed overview of the week ahead. This will be an inclusive platform and announcements will be posted on our website as well.
Just a few reminders for today:
Parents, it is very important that your correct email be in the Student Information System. It is also very important that you have access to ParentVue. You can check your email and phone information in ParentVue.
Students, you must have access to and consistently check your student email (email@example.com) and StudentVue.
Information about student schedules, open house and orientation links, and teacher classrooms in schoology will be sent to student and parent emails and accessible in ParentVue/StudentVue. Student attendance during in 100% distance learning is expected and will be taken through Schoology.
Twitter - @RockRidgeHigh
Insta - RockRidgeHigh
We look forward to a great year together - Go Phoenix!
Current Schedule and LCPS Guidance
The First Day of School is September 8th and it is an A Day.
The Details are linked here with the day starting at 9AM and ending at 3:58.
Please look for additional guidance to come as well.
Schedules will go "live" for students and parents to view on August 28th. Currently, students are only able to see the courses they have requested.
Parents will be asked to completed the Virtual First Day Packets in order to access this information.
It will be a good practice to purchase a few notebooks and writing utensils for the first week of Distance Learning.
Teachers will continue to provide lists of necessary items as many classes are very specialized.
Pre-Flight - 9th Grade Save the Date
Pre-Fight Day: The Freshman Edition
Happy Summer Future Phoenix! Your student is invited to attend our virtual Pre-Flight Day: The Freshmen Edition! During this virtual event, rising Freshmen will go through a virtual escape room using a variety of informational videos that will provide clues to finding our school mascot, Rocky. Each video will include helpful tips for our Freshman as they transition to high school.
Date: Wednesday, August 26th
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: Virtual (A link will be sent to all Freshman Parents at 6:00 pm).
Please contact Dawn Dickerson at Dawn.Dickerson@lcps.org with any questions.
Flight Day - Save the Date
Opportunity to meet your teachers in a virtual environment and get an overview of the exciting year ahead!
Date: Thursday, August 28th
Lunches for the Community
Over 1.3 million meals provided to the Loudoun community.
Meals are prepared by the School Nutrition Services staff and served from 28 school sites or delivered along with Loudoun Hunger Relief packages by Transportations drivers and attendants. This program is very important to our student households during COVID-19.
Links with important and useful information you can share with your households:
- The School Nutrition Services homepage has important meal information including the school sites where meals can be picked up: https://lcpshealthycafe.org/
- The Interactive map supported by the Planning Division is located at: https://lcps.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=615171005a9a4ccf8f38c86b387632a0
- Here Comes the Bus®.
- There are approximately 2,800 accounts supporting 3,700 students. The number of accounts and students continues to climb.
- For any parent issues with Here Comes the Bus® or an LCPS bus, please ask them to share it with Transportation through:
- The Transportation Concern Registry link at https://lcps.webforms.issuetrak.com/concernregistry/
- or from the Transportation homepage https://www.lcps.org/transhome .
- Or email directly to: HCTBLoudoun@LCPS.org
- LCPS Here Comes the Bus® site: https://www.lcps.org/herecomesthebus . It has FAQs with links, videos, help guides (in English plus Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic and Farsi – thank you to the Language Assistance Services team in Outreach Services – Pupil Services Department) contact information for questions.