UNIT 5 – En el consultorio—El cuerpo y la salud
What can I do by the end of Unit 5?
Talk about things that happened in the past using both the preterit and imperfect tenses including irregular forms.
- Describe symptoms, medical exam and treatment.
- Request medical help.
- Ask and answer questions about health, symptoms and medical needs.
- Talk about injuries and how they happened.Talk about visits to the doctor’s office and/or the emergency room
Online learning sessions are each Tuesday evening from 8:00 - 9:00 PM EST
Unit 5 Quiz (Vocab): January 12
Unit 5 Summative Speaking task: Productive skills presentation Week of Jan 25th - 29th
Unit 5 Test- Receptive Skills: February 2nd
Suggestions for Vocabulary Practice
- Create flash cards with Spanish on one side and English with a picture on the other side
- Play games on Quizlet (Scatter, Space Race, etc)
- Choose 10 words a day to focus on and have someone quiz you at the end of each day on those 10 words
- Make up and sing a silly song with new vocab or memorize and sing the songs from class
- Create a calendar with the holidays and family celebrations labeled in Spanish.
- Create a word search or crossword puzzle using only Spanish in the puzzle, with English clues
- Record yourself saying each Spanish word and its English meaning; play it back
- Act out your vocabulary; video tape yourself and watch it
- Play “Go Fish”- Create a set of cards with Spanish on one and English on the other and challenge someone to a game; make as many matches as possible
- Speed challenge: Study your vocabulary words from flashcards or a list. Then have someone time you defining each of your vocabulary words (without looking at what they mean). Set a time goal and keep trying until you meet your goal. If you get one wrong, stop your time and start again
- Use the words aloud in sentences. Make up logical and silly sentences.