City Schools CONNECT 9.13.22
September 13, 2022
September 13, 2022
A message from our CEO Dr. Santelises
To view the full message from Dr. Santelises, click the button below.
Passport to Learning Tour!
Please join us for FREE family learning events in September and October to celebrate the new school year. Connect with City Schools and community partners for family fun, learning and back-to-school information.
DJ | Free Books | Giveaways | Celebrity & Youth Performances | Interactive Learning Exhibits
B&O Railroad Museum
901 W. Pratt Street
5 - 8 p.m.
Congratulations, Berol Dewdney!
City Schools' 2022 Teacher of the Year, Berol Dewdney, a pre-kindergarten teacher and team lead at Commodore John Rodgers Elementary/Middle School, has been named one of the 7 finalists for Maryland Teacher of the Year!
Special Education Workshops
All families with students with Special Needs are invited to join the Special Education Parent Response Unit on September 22 and 23 for a virtual workshop titled "Guiding the Journey- Transition Planning & the IEP". This workshop will assist parents and professionals with an overview of the transition planning process and working with the IEP Team in developing a transition plan for students with disabilities ages 14 and up.
September 22 and 23
Time: 6 to 8 p.m.
Join the City Schools Student Media Team!
Know a student interested in photography, videography, podcasting, storytelling, graphic design, or TV hosting and producing? Please encourage middle and high school students to join the City Schools' Student Media Team. Applications are now being accepted!
In September we celebrate...
- 13: Public Board Meeting - 5 p.m.
- 15: PCAB Meeting - 6:30 p.m.
- 20: Operations Meeting - 10:30 a.m.
- 20: Policy Meeting - 3:30 p.m.
- 22: Passport to Learning Tour at the B&O Railway Museum - 5 - 8 p.m.
- 22: Guiding the Journey Workshop - 6 p.m. (Part I)
- 23: Guiding the Journey Workshop - 6 p.m. (Part II)
- 26: Observance Day; modified after-school activities, no testing may occur
- 26: Passport to Learning Tour at the Maryland Science Center 5 - 8 p.m.
- 27: Observance Day; modified after-school activities, no testing may occur
- 27: Public Board Meeting 5 p.m.
Students get real-world work experience at hands-on, summer apprenticeships - Part 2
What a summer! City Schools students spent the sunny season gaining hands-on experience through internships in fields like medicine, fire/EMT, coding and the Coast Guard. Read our two part series on their experiences in Progress Report.
Find more information for...
Complaints/ Concerns: 410-545-1870
Special Education Parent Response Unit: 443-984-1561