Test our recorded running form lessons and get a free gift!
Testers need to meet the following criteria:
- have been running for at least a year
- regularly run at least two miles
- regularly run three or more times per week
- are currently having some pain or difficulty in running but are still able to run regularly
- are not a current or past client of The Balanced Runner™
- are not a Feldenkrais practitioner or trainee
This program is NOT SUITABLE for runners with sciatica or lumbar disc problems.
The program I would like you to test is called the Core Action Program™, and it is three weeks long. The total testing period will be four weeks so you can also give me feedback on your running in the week following completing the program. Here's what it entails:
- downloading three 30-minute mp3s of audio Feldenkrais lessons to play off your computer or load onto your iPod or mp3 player.
- carefully reading and following instructions for the program (emailed to you as a pdf)
- doing all three lessons each week, each on a separate day. In week 1 you'll do the first lesson at a different time from running -- at night before bed works well but you might find another time that's good for you -- and you'll do the other two lessons right before your runs. In weeks 2 and 3 you'll do all three lessons at the beginning of your runs. In week 4 you'll simply follow your usual running schedule but no do any audio lessons.
- keeping your mileage and types of runs fairly consistent throughout the four-week period
- completing 5 questionnaires: one before starting and one at the end of each week.
- total expected time involvement: 2 hours per week for weeks 1-3 (not including your actual runs, which presumably you would be doing anyway), and 15 minutes in week 4.
- emailing your completed questionnaires to me at the end of the 4-week period.
The lessons consist of guidance through a series of completely non-strenuous movements that allow you to explore coordination patterns important to your running. The lessons do not involve actually running. They may be done indoors.
When I receive your completed questionnaires I'll email you out a special gift of a bonus audio lesson to thank you.
The signup deadline has been extended to June 22, 2013. Email email@example.com to sign up or ask questions.
The Balanced Runner™ US The Balanced Runner UK
We offer individual instruction in New York, London, and Edinburgh, Skype instruction and workshops by invitation worldwide, interactive video lessons via www.curious.com/thebalancedrunner, and audio lessons via www.cdbaby.com/jaegruenkegcfp.