AHS Daily Bulletin
April 19, 2021
The Green Club is Selling Stickers at All Lunches
The AHS Yearbook is on Sale Now
ATTENTION SENIORS AND PARENTS: Jostens is Your Official Graduation Supplier
It is time to place your order for your required cap/gown unit, and all the graduation items you will need to be prepared for the Ceremony and Celebrate this wonderful accomplishment. Jostens is our High School’s official graduation supplier.
Click here to register with Jostens.
Apply to be a Student Board Representative
Just a reminder -- we are currently accepting applications for student board representatives to the Anacortes School Board. Two incoming juniors will serve along two rising seniors. This is a two-year commitment, beginning with the 2021-22 school year.
Student board reps have an opportunity to gain real-life experience serving alongside the elected members of the school board.
If you have questions about what it's like, please reach out to current Student Board Reps: Sara Kumar, Cooper Nichols, Chloe Chambers, or Cassius Tossavainen.
To be eligible, you must currently be in your sophomore year in the Anacortes School District and be in good academic standing.
Expectations and Benefits:
- Student reps are expected to attend all school board meetings and site visits (generally twice a month)
- Annual Research Project
- Attend conferences as able
- Leadership Skills
- Communications Skills
- And more!
To apply, please submit an application online by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 23rd.
Please contact Torhil Ramsay if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the Math Team
Anacortes Schools Foundation Scholarship Applications are Due on April 30
All seniors applying to a 2-year, technical school or 4-year university for next year are highly encouraged to apply for an Anacortes Schools Foundation (ASF) scholarship!!!
ASF is very excited to be able to offer 122 individual scholarships worth over $315,000 to Anacortes seniors!!!
The deadline for submission is NOON on Friday, April 30, 2021.
Click Below to Check Out AHS Clubs & Activities
Seattle Pacific University is Hosting a Virtual Christian College Fair
Eastern Washington University Updates
Admitted Student Events: April 9-22
● Admitted students are invited to join us for a series of daily virtual Admitted Student Events from April 9-22!
● Our prime events are Friday, April 9 and Saturday, April 17; these are our Academic Experience Days.
● Additional events include student panels, department information sessions, workshops, financial aid and housing webinars, and Spanish language events!
● As an added bonus, students who attend will be entered to win scholarships worth up to $1,500.
● Registration is live!
● Questions or concerns? Email Crystal Medina at email@example.com
● Aid offers to new fall 2021 freshmen have been going out since March 19 and will continue to go out as students apply and complete their financial aid file.
● Students who need help determining how to accept their aid should visit ewu.edu/acceptaid.
● Students who need help completing verification steps, visit ewu.edu/verification.
○ Note: EWU doesn’t select students for verification, and like you, we wish the process were simpler for students.
● If students and families are unsure or need more help, call for an appointment with one of our financial aid advisors at 509.359.2314.
● We’re still accepting applications: ewu.edu/apply.
● If students are missing documents such as unofficial high school transcripts or an application waiver, they can be sent by the student to the student uploader.
● Transfer students should send official transcripts as soon as possible.
● Once we receive all materials, we can make an admission decision within 3 days.
The Cafeteria Has a Limited A La Carte Menu
The cafeteria will be serving a limited offering of drinks, chips, and hot items occasionally. We will not be taking cash at the register, so students must have money already on their account in order to make a purchase. Money can be deposited through Mymealtime.com
Please have your student ID ready to make your purchase. You will enter the same line as you do for lunch. We will be open for only the first 10 minutes of lunch.
The Seahawk Journal is Starting a Podcast
The Seahawk Journal is starting a podcast where they answer your musings and random questions. Fill out this form if you have any ideas or questions you'd like to be featured in a future episode! https://forms.gle/hWjj8ZCQUqhuSPMF9
Schedule an Appointment with a Rep from Central Washington University
Ready to become a Wildcat?
Recently Admitted to CWU?
Click here to schedule a 1-on-1 appointment with representative Laura Miyatake.
AHS Virtual Classroom Norms
Reminder About the Pre-Arranged Absence Form
Please Allow 48 Hours for Transcript Requests
AHS Athletics and Activities
Please click HERE for athletic/activity updates.
We are working behind the scene with club advisors and coaches to offer either virtual and potentially face to face opportunities in the near future.
More information to follow.