AHS Daily Bulletin
January 21, 2021
Virtual Visits for Wednesday, January 27
Cornish College of the Arts
Wednesday, Jan. 27th, 12-1:15pm
This is an online event.
The Savannah College of Art and Design
Wednesday, Jan. 27th, 12-1:15pm
This is an online event.
Perry Tech Institute Virtual Open House on January 30, 2021
Our upcoming Virtual Open House Online Event taking place Saturday, Jan. 30th, from 11 AM - Noon. This is an opportunity for students to receive program information and complete the initial step of the enrollment process. Interested students can register online at: https://www.perrytech.edu/openhouse/.
Our goal is to provide an overview of our programs and respond to students’ questions. We will have specialists from Admissions, Enrollment and Financial Aid available. Additionally, students that attend the virtual event will have their entrance exam fee waived, if they schedule a virtual exam appointment within 14 days.
Eastern Washington University News and Information
Direct document upload is now included in the application.
○ Students can upload documents like unofficial transcripts or signed fee waivers directly into their EWU Admissions Application.
○ Transfer students still need to submit official college transcripts to make sure college credits transfer.
Transcripts are simpler to send.
○ You can mail transcripts to our office (304 Sutton Hall, Cheney, WA 99004) or you can send them electronically through our transcript uploader.
○ EWU Admissions is permanently test optional with test alternatives for our freshmen and for transfer students with fewer than 40 credits.
○ We are test blind for our scholarships, which means test scores will not be considered when offering automatic scholarships to students.
Feb. 1 is close for financial aid!
○ We’re getting closer to our priority deadline for FAFSA/WASFA and general scholarship applications (Feb. 1), and that means lots of calls and texts from students! Rest assured: we’ve already emailed them and texted them.
○ We always accept applications and FAFSA/WASFA submissions after Feb. 1, but federal and state funds are more limited after that date. We want students to qualify for as much aid as possible, so meeting that deadline is key.
EWU is excited to welcome our updated College Assistance Migrant Program! CAMP at EWU is a federally funded program designed to support students from migrant and seasonal farm worker backgrounds during their first year of college. For more information, please email email@example.com or go to our site at inside.ewu.edu/camp.
Skagit Valley College Upcoming Events
Skagit Valley College’s SVC Foundation Scholarship and STEM Scholarship is open for incoming and returning students to apply for. Here is the link to apply for our SVC Foundation Scholarship: https://skagitfoundation.org/scholarships/
· Foundation Scholarship Application closes Friday, February 19, 2021
· Cardinal STEM Scholars closes Saturday, May 15, 2021
Skagit Valley College and 5 other communities will be hosting another virtual College Fair on February 11th and April 20th. This is a great opportunity for perspective students to learn about specific programs, funding options, and student support that each college offers.
Below are the links for the upcoming events:
· February 11, 2021, 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm : https://tinyurl.com/2yrFair
· April 20, 2021, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm: https://tinyurl.com/CTCFair
Virtual Events are posted on our events calendar: www.skagit.edu/events. Recruiters are hosting College Information Sessions as well as Running Start Information Session in both English and Spanish.
If you have students who have interested in attending Skagit Valley College and want to speak to a specialist, please have them email: firstname.lastname@example.org and a specialist will connect with them.
Students can register at cb.org/bigfuturedays.
You can attend any event and more than one.
BigFuture Day West + Southwest
Saturday, February 6
BigFuture Day Southeast
Tuesday, February 23
BigFuture Day Northeast
Sunday, March 7
BigFuture Day Midwest
Thursday, March 11
AHS is Hosting a Minecraft Tournament on January 22, 2021
We are hosting our first Bed Wars Tournament on January 22nd. This tournament is open to all schools and allows you to play solo or with up to 3 friends. Teachers can play too!
The tournament will be streamed live January 22nd at 3:30 on https://www.twitch.tv/ahsesports2020
Singup form for Minecraft Tournament:
Military Child Education Coalition’s FREE Webinar
The webinar will offer parents of middle and high school students tips and techniques to help their students become good time managers. Parents will learn ways to help their student with studying and managing projects. MCEC will also address techniques to stop procrastinations and ways increase focus.
Register here for Time Management for MS HS Students
This opportunity is open to ALL families.
ATTENTION SENIORS AND PARENTS: Jostens is Your Official Graduation Supplier
It is time to place your order for your required cap/gown unit, and all the graduation items you will need to be prepared for the Ceremony and Celebrate this wonderful accomplishment. Jostens is our High School’s official graduation supplier.
Click here to register with Jostens.
AHS Virtual Classroom Norms
Reminder About the Pre-Arranged Absence Form
Please Allow 48 Hours for Transcript Requests
AHS Athletics and Activities
Please click HERE for athletic/activity updates.
We are working behind the scene with club advisors and coaches to offer either virtual and potentially face to face opportunities in the near future.
More information to follow.