AES Community Connection 9/28/23
Stay connected with our school newsletter...
Greetings AES Families!
Haga clic AQUÍ para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo traducir este boletín.
It is hard to beleive that October is just around the corner! This month we have plenty of family engagement opportunities so be sure to check out this newsetter and your clasroom newsletter. Mark your calendars for Parent Teacher Conferences on October 24th and 25th. Sign-ups will be coming out soon.
Today your child's DIBELs and STAR Assessment Reports will be coming home in their Friday folders. Please keep in mind, this assessment is only ONE measure of your student as a learner. Your child's teacher will help to round out their learner profile during conferences.
If you missed the parent information session on Assessment, please find the recording below and click the link to watch.
Did you know that reading with your child EVERY night has a HUGE impact on students' language development, social skills, writing skills and imagination? Click here to learn more about the importance of reading to kids daily.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Aspen Elementary School Mission:
To empower an innovative, mindful community of learners in a challenging and nurturing environment that promotes inquiry and academic excellence.
Mark your calendar...
- October 2: PTO Monthly Meeting 12:00 AES Conference Room- all are welcome!
- October 3: Noche Latina- 5pm- 6:30pm AHS seminar Room
- October 11: Early Release Wednesday (Kids released at 1:15)
- October 12: Family Engagement Information Session: Join to learn more about the IB Primary Years Programme. See below for the meeting link. 12-1PM, AES Conference Room
- October 23: No School - Professional Day for teachers/staff
- October 24 & 25: Parrent/Teacher Conferences- NO SCHOOL for Students
- October 26 & 27: Fall Break - School is CLOSED
Click here for the 23-24 School Year Calendar... Please mark your calendar and plan your vacations accordingly. This year, one of our School Improvement goals is to REDUCE high absenteeism. Please prioritize your child's attendance at school .
Virtual and In Person Family Engagement Information Sessions
Sept 21 - Assessment Overview and Curriculum Updates. Please Click HERE to see the video of this presentation.
Oct 12 - IB Primary Years Programme overview
Nov 9 - School Safety and Social Emotional Learning at AES
Other dates...Topics TBD
Dec 7, Dec 21
Jan 11, Jen 25
Feb 8, Feb 22
Mar 7, Mar 21
Apr 11, Apr 25
May 9, May 23
Hearing & Vision Screening
The ASD Health Office will begin conducting hearing and vision screens in the elementary school next week for grades K-3. If you do not want your child screened please let your classroom teacher know that you are choosing to opt out of screenings. The Health Office is also looking for willing volunteers to assist with screenings on the following dates October 3rd, 5th and 6th. Please contact Robin Strecker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping out.
Weather, Sports, and After School Plans...
Happening Around School...
4th Grade Denver Trip Heading Out!
Experiments with Mr. G!
More community news...
Pickleball for 4th Graders
Event Dates: Sept 26th - Oct 18th (every Monday and Wednesday)
Session 1: Monday & Wednesday from 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Session 2: Monday & Wednesday from 5:00pm - 6:00pm
*The first week will be Tues & Weds because of the no school day on Monday*
Event Address: Aspen Recreation Center (ARC) Pickleball Courts
Contact : email@example.com
Age: 4th, 5th or 6th Grade
Need-based scholarships are available. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please click HERE for the flyer.
Please click HERE to register.
2023 Fall Engagement Tour- Disability Rights are Human Rights
9/21 12:00pm CO Mountain College Aspen RM 213.
Please click HERE for the flyer in English and Spanish.
Ski Swap is ON!!! Save the date...October 14th!
Where: Aspen Middle School
When: October 14th 9am-1pm
Friday, October 13, 2023- Drop off all new or used equipment, clothing accessories from 4-6pm
Saturday, October 14, 2023- Pick up money and/or unclaimed items from 2:15-4pm
Pick up merchandise tickets prior to drop off at Aspen Public Schools, Aspen Community School & Alpine Banks.
Art Breaks With Anderson Ranch
Art Breaks is an exciting program at Anderson Ranch Arts Center for kids ages 7-10. During Fall break, find inspiration from fall harvests and the changing of the seasons in this two-day program. We will create ceramic vases, print patterns and cyanotypes using colorful leaves, paint autumnal watercolor landscapes, and collage forest creatures.
Art Break: Fall Skies: Oct 26 - 27, 2023, 9AM - 3PM, Ages 7-10
Click HERE for additional information and registration.
Click HERE to see the Flyer.
Things you may have heard before...
- Haga clic AQUÍ para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo traducir este boletín.
- Click HERE for the Bus Change Request Form.
- Aspen Family Connections
- Aspen School District Absences and Excuses Policy (Click here for Spanish)
- AES Attendance (Click here for Spanish)
- Pre-Arranged Absence Form
- Click HERE for information about fingerprinting for volunteers.
- Click HERE for the latest document from the state about when to exclude students and staff from school/work because of illness.
- Please click HERE to see the staff's favorite things!
- Order SPIRIT WEAR anytime with this link!
Fingerprinting for Volunteers!
Early Release 2023-24...
Here is the Board of Education approved 2023-24 Aspen School District Calendar and information about Early Release Days.
Early Release Days have been added back to the calendar. Early release times are as follows:
1:15 PM Aspen Elementary School
2:00 PM Aspen Middle School
2:00 PM Aspen High School
Volunteer Opportunity- Lunch Crew!
Student Fees- Please pay!
Free & Reduced Lunch
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH
We know that many families rely on schools for meals. We encourage families to submit a Free & Reduced Meal application, which provides families with access to additional benefits as well. Please know that even if you qualified in previous years, an application must be submitted every school year.
You must complete the application and submit it to email@example.com or drop it off at the District Office or Admin Office at the school.
Please be sure to make travel plans that coincide with our school breaks. Elementary students thrive when learning is in person with their teacher and classmates. Families will be notified of excessive tardies and/or absences.
Safety and Security at AES
Keeping students safe is our number one priority at ASD. Therefore, during the school day you will find all AES doors locked. However, please know you are WELCOME to visit and volunteer at AES.
- Visiting - Please remember your ID (driver's license) if you are visiting the building for any reason. Virginia and Carrie will meet you in the office with a smile and issue you a sticker/ visitor badge that must be worn while in the building.
- Volunteering - We love including "fingerprinted" parent volunteers in the classroom or on field trips. If this interests you, be proactive and get ASD Fingerprinting for Volunteers Procedure completed ASAP. This certification will last five years. More details below.
Aspen Elementary SKIERS
At AES our essential agreements guide the way we behave and interact with others throughout our school in every setting. This year, we've adopted the SKIER acronym as a way to frame our essential agreements school wide. We hope that you will reinforce these positive attributes with your child at home.