Newsletter 30th November 2022
Levin East School
Kia ora tātou,
Yay, I am all clear and back on deck. I missed being at school. Thank you to everyone for their support over the last week.
The end of the year is just around the corner and we will be outlining our staffing structure in next week's newsletter. There are a couple of tweaks to do before we can announce it.
We do have our 2023 class transition visits next Wednesday, so children will get to meet their 2023 teacher and classmates then.
Today I want to concentrate on the activities coming up. They play an important part in the education of our tamariki and I thank the staff for putting in the extra time to make these happen successfully.
Today the students who are regularly in our Whare Manaaki space have a day at Laughalots Playground in Porirua. There are many challenges for them there and they are having a great time!
Tomorrow the Te Whanake team have a day out enjoying the activities available in our wonderful town, including a visit to Te Takeretanga o kura-hau-pō and the Adventure Park.
On Monday the Pihinga and Kākano teams are enjoying a movie afternoon - details to come to whānau through Hero.
Tuesday of next week sees the Māhuri team busy with Christmas activities. It also sees the Junior School Prize Giving Assembly, starting at 1:30pm in our Hall. This involves the students in the Kākano Team (Rooms 5, 6. 7, 8, and 9), the Pihinga Team (Rooms 17, 18 and 21) and the Year 3 students in the Kōhuri team (Rooms 10, 11 and 13). Keep an eye on Hero for details.
Wednesday sees 2023 class visits and the Pihinga and Kakano teams having a water activities afternoon.
Also on Wednesday, in the evening, we have our year 6 Graduation dinner from 5-7pm. This really brings it home that the end of the year is close at hand. I am sure they will have a lovely evening and I look forward to joining them.
Have a great week. Kia pai tō wiki!
DIARY THESE DATES (WOW, SO MUCH GOING ON)
- Wednesday 30 November: Whare Manaaki Trip to Porirua 9.30am - 1.30pm
- Thursday 1st December: Te Whanake Team trip (Rooms 3, 4 and 20)
- Monday 5th December: Pihinga/Kākano Teams movie afternoon (Rooms 5-9, 17, 18 &21)
- Tuesday 6th December: Junior End of Year Assembly 1.30pm - 2.50pm (Kākano, Pihinga, and Kōhuri Year 3 tamariki)
- Wednesday 7th December: Pihinga/Kākano teams water afternoon (Rooms 5-9, 17, 18, 21)
- Thursday 8th December: Ki o Rahi Tournament at Playford Park
- Friday 9th December: Orange Day for 2022 Road Patrollers 11.00am - 1.30pm
- Monday 12th December: Māhuri Team Lido trip (Rooms 1, 2 and 19) Pihinga Team picnic at Donald Duck park 10.00am - 2.00pm Te Whanake Team tabloids, pool and shared lunch at school
- Wednesday 14th December: Senior Prize Giving at Waiopehu College 10.00am - 12.30am
- Kākano Team Jubilee (Donald Duck) Park trip
- Thursday 15th December: School closes at 12:30 for the end of year.
REPORTING AN ABSENCE
If your child/ren are absent from school please let us know by either:
Telephoning the office on 06 3687494 and leaving a message on the absence line.
Texting: 021 1286225 or via the Levin East School App
Wild Rose Florist
LZ Tech Services