Middle School Principals'Newsletter
How is it going?
Revisiting goals lets your staff know that you have not forgotten, or let them forget your target for the year. You help to make them and yourself accountable for what you said in the fall. It also helps you and your staff to make mid-course corrections if the pace or the target is not being reached.
"So, how's it going?"
Have you been reading about Fixed and Growth Mindsets?
Here is a great info-video that illustrates the difference between
Fixed and Growth Mindsets.
View it Yourself
View it with Your Staff
View it with Your Students
View it with Your Parents
What would happen if students knew about this?
What would happen if the parents knew about this?
Must-Watch Video Of The Day: New RSA Animation Of Carol Dweck Talk
I, and many others, always look forward to the infrequent release of an RSA Animated talk. They are visualizations of talks given by…
Teen Engagement Starts with Respect
Teen Engagement in Learning Starts With Respect
Photo credit: Bruce Matsunaga via flickr (CC BY 2.0)Julie BaronClassroom ManagementAdolescents learn more easily when they feel heard, understood, and…
Spring 2016-Testing Schedule Update
Key Dates to Remember:
School System Review (SSR) OR Interim Self-Assessment or Self Assessment
DUE March 18
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
DUE September 1
District System Review (DSR) OR District Interim Self Assessment or Self Assessment
DUE April 22
Assessment Links and Updates
MDE Link to all Things M-STEP
Update from Office of Assessment & Accountability
- January 14: Spring 2016 Guide to State Assessments
- January 7: Classroom Activities Eliminated, Pre-ID, Accommodations Webinar
- December 17: M-STEP Building & District Aggregate Data Public Release
- December 10: M-STEP Parent Reports, WIDA ACCESS for ELLs
- December 3: Test Results Embargo Reminder, WIDA, Accommodations
- August 20: News on 2016 M-STEP & MME, KEA Pre-ID
Principals Guide to the SAT
Professional Learning at GISD
Happening Right Now!
Tuning Up Classroom Assessments
January 12 and January 19
- How confident are you that your current assessments are tightly aligned with the new Common Core State Standards?
- How confident are you that your current assessments are rigorous enough to assess students at the appropriate depth of knowledge?
- How confident are you that your current assessments are of high quality and produce valid results?
This 2-day workshop will provide background knowledge to ensure assessments are aligned to the Common Core and guide participants through a process of analyzing and modifying current assessments being used in their grade, course, building and/or district.
This K-12 workshop is great for teams of teachers using common or interim assessments within a PLC. Participants will need to bring a current assessment with them, printed out on single-sided sheets of paper.