Irony of Situations
By ~ Lexie Orozco & Lindzey Jacoby
"Oh the Irony"
Irony is misinterpreted all the time. Most people see it as something that was predictable, or something they saw coming, but it is actually the exact opposite. Irony is when something something happens that doesn't go along with the status quo or isn't what we would identify as 'normal'. This specific irony (situational irony) is when something happens that is not expected of someone or something; or the exact opposite of what is thought to occur.
- Why is grandma wearing hip-hop clothes?
- The water park is so dry I can barely breathe!
- Even though the sun was shining brightly, it was freezing cold.
- The police station got robbed!
- An anti-technology website was posted earlier today.
But they seem to have run out.
But the signs that say that do not
Don't text and drive...
But it's okay if you're finding out driving tips.