Edgewood's Tiger Talk
April 6, 2018
Special People's Day
3rd Graders teach mom how to use "Thing-links"
K4 students show off their fine motor skills
1st graders showed off how good their reading has become for their guests!
Notes from the Principal
Preparing students for testing is a delicate matter; on the one hand, we want them to do their best, and to take the tests seriously. On the other, we do not want 8-10 year olds to feel overly pressured, or stress if they encounter a question they don't know how to answer. As we prepare our students for the tests, there are some life-lessons and opportunities for character development that we like to take advantage of:
- Be proud of your work; it makes you feel proud of yourself.
- Focus and self-discipline matters.
- Sometimes in life you get a re-take, sometimes you don't. Just think of a job-interview. It's important to do your best, even when you don't necessarily feel like it.
- Sometimes, you encounter a problem you don't know how to solve; don't let that get you stuck. Work around it.
My goal for students is to feel like they've made a good, solid, effort, and that they're proud of themselves. Pride in work is a great indicator of future success. Just as you might do before an interview, an important meeting at work, or a big game, please support your child by making sure they get a good night's rest and a protein-packed breakfast in the morning. Below are the testing dates. Please make sure that your child arrives to school on time, as we'll begin 1st thing in the morning.
4/11-4/13: 5th Grade
4/17-4/19, 4/23-4/24: 4th Grade
4/25-4/27: 3rd Grade
If you have any questions about testing, please feel free to contact me.
A student proudly showcases his skills with mom!
Building with magnitiles--geometry at it's start!
Kids and grown-ups show off their competitive sides with a "Google Breakout"
Here are some of the recent contributions the EHSA has made to Edgewood:
- We now have 2 modern projection devices in our spiffy new learning commons, called "Insta-shows".
- K4 is having a visiting field trip from the Zoo
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, April 10th
6:30 PM in the Learning Commons.
Come learn about what's happening inside the walls of Edgewood, how you can get involved with supporting instruction and school activities!
Know any kids who will be in K4 next year? Or have new kids in the neighborhood?
Do you have a child who will be in K4 in the fall? Do you know anyone who will? Or see new kids in the neighborhood? Please encourage them to enroll early. This helps us to have the right staffing to meet student needs. You can enroll by:
1) Visiting the District Office located at: 4850 S. 60th St., Greenfield, WI 53220
2) Visiting the District Website: http://greenfield1.schooldesk.net/Parents/Enrollment-Information
4/9-4/11:5th Grade Forward (State) Testing*
4/10: EHSA Meeting, 6:30 in the learning commons. All are welcome!
4/13: Culture Night at GHS, 5:00-7:45. Come try different foods, see dances, and have a blast!
4/17-4/24: 4th Grade Forward Testing*
4/25-4/27: 3rd Grade Forward Testing*
*If you're scheduling appointments these days, it'd be helpful to schedule them later in the afternoon so that students have time to complete the exams.
4/27: Coffee with the Principal, 8-8:30am in the Learning Commons--all parents/guardians are welcome!
5/25: No School, Professional Learning
5/28: No School, Memorial Day