Raymore Update: 09/16/14
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
Wish You Well
Karen Green's grandson, Braydon, wrecked an ATV Sunday afternoon. He had a scan and balloon procedure done yesterday and received good results. He has full circulation now, no blockages and had surgery Tuesday to set his leg. Please keep Karen and her family in your thoughts and prayers during this time.
We welcome our new para Sherrie Goodwin who will start with us on September 24. She will be working with our K-4 special education students and teachers. She is replacing Kristi Patterson who will return to do Heather Phillips' long term substitute position.
As you know, Ella Joe, a former preschool student here at our school last year, is battling leukemia. The green ribbons around school are in her honor. Many of you have inquired about ways to help support her and her family, which is wonderful! Here are a couple upcoming events: Culver's Sept. 22 from 5-8 pm. If you are interested in helping work Culver's Night please let Laura Goodwin know. Also, Ella's dance teacher has organized a Community Blood Bank drive on Sept. 27 http://www.esavealifenow.org/index.cfm?group=op&step=2&opid=59197
We continue to wish the following staff members well: Sarah, Brianna, Melinda, and Erica.
Data Teams - Way to Go!
Family Support Fund - Sept. 25
Full Time Staff: $15
Full Time Classified:$10
*$5.00 goes to PTA dues
7 Habits-Character Education
We have used and currently use a variety of ways to make character education an important part of everything we do at RE. Last year and this year, the 7 Habits have been used in all of our classrooms. Let's continue to make those 7 Habits a part of who we all are and continue to build a common understanding by all of us here at RE (students, staff, and parents).
Here's where you come in :) We need 1 rep from each team to be part of the 7 Habits team. This team will brainstorm ways to continue to build awareness of each habit with our staff and students and help plan goal assemblies for our school.
Please talk with your team and determine who would be willing to be your rep and email Jenni Beck the name by Wednesday, September 17th. Once we have our group formed, we can all determine the best meeting time.
Targets Posted and Revisited
Guest Speaker Proposals
Check out this great idea from Conscious Discipline!
Have you expressed gratitude to someone special in your life? Watch this video about the research on gratitude and happiness. (More to come at our PD Faculty Meeting.)
Click on the boxes below to check out these sites/articles!
Click here for free subscription to Tumblebooks! Thank you Sherri for sharing!
Reminders & FYIs
- Board of Education walk throughs that were scheduled for Thurs., Sept. 18 have been canceled. Karmin Ricker will be here to do her regular scheduled walk throughs.
- Custodian Appreciation Day: Friday, Sept. 19 Don't forget to sign up to bring a treat and have your class make cards/banners. We want to make sure our custodians know how much we appreciate the hard work they do every day to make our learning environment safe and clean!
- Cover Sheet (Timeline) for Data Cycle due: Friday, Sept. 19
- Picture Day: Mon., Sept. 22: K-4, M/W EC; Tues., Sept. 23 T/Th EC
- Cheris Visits: Sept. 24
- Family Support Fund due: Sept. 25
Don't forget to sign up for staff Remind text alerts (as stated in Back to School Nuts & Bolts). You can sign up for Remind text alerts through Remind.com. If you haven’t signed up yet , text @restaf1415 to (816) 398-7201. You can also use Remind text alerts to communicate with parents in your classroom.
Currently, staff should be using Protabula when any incident occurs where students are hurtful or disruptive and leave the classroom to go to a buddy room. Please access this Protabula tutorial as needed: https://docs.google.com/a/raypec.org/file/d/0BxgDChvSs-y9RkMybFhWRUJhVDUyb0JjQnB1RWUxeU53cnIw/edit
Classroom doors should remain locked and the magnet should be used to allow access into classrooms. Don't forget to include an updated class roster in your crisis bag.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Jennika. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! Protection One and Raymore PD contact her directly, so it's important she is aware in case a worry arises. 616-4210.
Classroom doors should remain locked and the magnet should be used to allow access into classrooms.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement