Crucial Conversations Training (T1)
Practice, participate, and reflect to master communication.
Get Unstuck with Best Practice Skills for High-Stakes Interactions.
What Is a Crucial Conversation?
A crucial conversation is a discussion between two or more people where the stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong. These conversations—when handled poorly or ignored—lead to strained relationships and dismal results.
What Does Crucial Conversations Training Teach?
Crucial Conversations teaches participants how to:
- Speak persuasively, not abrasively
- Foster teamwork and better decision making
- Build acceptance rather than resistance
- Resolve individual and group disagreements
Crucial Conversations is a two-day course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics—at all levels of your organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you’ll begin to surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment. At this time, Crucial Conversations is being offered to Title 1 leadership teams.
Please join us--even if you've participated in a Crucial Conversations book study!
Crucial Conversations Training infuses fourteen hours of classroom time with more than 60 original video clips of “before and after” situations. Enjoy video-based instruction
from the authors of Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High. Engage in extensive in-class practice, group participation, and personal reflection as you explore and master these crucial skills.
Participants will receive:
- The Crucial Conversations Participant Toolkit (157-page training workbook)
- Cue cards and a model card
- A copy of Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High
- The Crucial Conversations Audio Companion
- A course completion certificate