January 25, 2016
February 4th - Early Release Day
February 5th - Go Red (wear red to school)
February 15th - No school for students (professional development day)
February 23 - PTO Meeting
- It is hard to believe January is almost over. That means Valentine's Day is right around the corner. We will celebrate Valentine's Day on Friday, February 12th. Please have your child bring in a decorated box or bag for Valentine's Day. Please also make sure they have their name written clearly on the front so that other students can read it easily when delivering valentines. There will not be a party, but we will have a snack and spend time opening valentine cards. Please also remember that due to the District Five Snack Policy, we cannot give out candy to students, so please do not include any type of candy in the valentine cards. Click here for a student list of names for our class.
- Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather. Our recess time is 9:50, so it is still pretty cold when we go out. Please also make sure your child's coat, gloves, scarves and hats are labeled with both their first and last name.
- Click here to view the Media Center newsletter.
- In spelling this week, we discussed that when a two syllable word ends with the sound of long e, the second syllable is spelled consonant + y, as in happy.
- This week we will continue to discuss cental idea and supporting details.
- In writing, we will begin writing snow poetry, and will use figurative language (adjectives, similes, metaphors and personification).
This week we will continue looking at graphs, particular bar graphs (both vertical and horizontal) , as well as line plots.
There will be an addition fact test Thursday of this week. Please continue to help your child study for these tests.
We will complete our unit on weather this week, and will have a unit test on Thursday. Your child will come home with their science notebook and review sheet on Thursday night.