1G Weekly News
June 7th, 2015
Notes and Updates
Well, can you believe it, it is the end of the year! Only 4 days of school left and then your child becomes a second grader! We have had such an amazing year and I know all the students will do fabulous in second grade.
Last week was filled with fun as they presented their readers theatre, finished their fairy tale books and played fun math games. I will be uploading some pictures and videos to my blog for final year fun. Also last week I sent home different assessments. If you could sign them and send them back to school I would greatly appreciate it.
Today we Stepped Up to Grade 2! 1G visited 2G and learned all about what to expect in 2nd grade! Continuing this week, I will be sending a lot of work home, which would include some summer practice. Please use any work they have not completed as summer practice. I also will be emailing a parent survey by the end of the week. I would appreciate any feedback as I would like to improve parent-teacher communication every year.
- Monday is Wacky Hair day in 1st grade. Have fun with it! Due to Thursday being the half day there last swimming class will be tomorrow.
- Tuesday is a Full Day and Thursday dismissal is at 11:30.
- Our End of Year Party is on Wednesday at 12:40. You are welcome to attend. Contact Devon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help with, or contribute to, the party. I will be sending portfolios home after the party.
If students are leaving earlier than Wednesday please let me know as I would like to give them their portfolio and a gift from the teacher.
From the Library
On 4, 7, and 8 June, students and parents will be able to check out 15 items for the summer recess from the library. Students require parental permission to do this. Please see the attached form. There will also be a copy in this week's Sahifa library news for future reference.
A-Z End of Year Countdown
Sunday - Day 4: Vv is for Visit 2nd Grade!
Monday - Day 3: Ww is for Wacky Hair! Go crazy!
Tuesday - Day 2: Xx is for eXchange Autographs!
Wednesday - Day 1: Yy is for Year End Parties (students can also wear Yellow!)
Thursday - Day 0: Zz is for Zip Up and Zoom Out!
- Tuesday, June 9th: Full-day of school
- Wednesday, June 10th: End of Year Party 12:40 - 1:25
- Thursday, June 11th: Last day of School!; student sing-a-long (students); 11:30am Dismissal