Types of Energy
- The form of energy associated with the position and motion of an object is called
- Mechanical Energy=Potential Energy+Kinetic Energy
- Mechanical Energy is used to do work
- Our bodies use mechanical energy to perform motions such as throwing something or writing.
- The total potential and kinetic energy of the particles in an object
- Thermal energy is used to cook food.
- We use thermal energy to heat our houses
- The energy of electric charges
- Power lines
- Potential energy stored in the chemical bonds that hold chemical compounds together
- When we eat food, we use chemical energy
- The potential energy stored in the nucleus of an atom
- Nuclear power plants
- Helps doctors make quick diagnoses
- The energy of light and other forms of radiation.