Toddler Snack Book
No-Bake Cereal Bars
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup honey
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
1 cup raisins, nuts, etc.
½ cup mini m&m’s or chocolate chips
Pinch of Kosher Salt
1. Line an 8-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray
2. Combine butter, honey, & brown sugar, microwave for 1 minute
3. Stop to stir (may be grainy)
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 x2
5. Stir in vanilla, cereal, & extras
6. Press into prepared pan
7. Cover pan with foil and let refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours
Mango Macadamia Nut Bread
Ingredients:vegetable oil cooking spray
½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
1¼ cups sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup toasted wheat germ
2 teaspoons baking soda
¼ cup canola oil
½ cup applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups cubed ripe mangoes (about 2 medium-size mangoes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with the cooking spray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl; add the oil, applesauce, and vanilla and beat vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry; stir just until the mixture is blended.
- Fold in the mangoes; some will break up, which is okay.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake it for 1 hour.
PB&J Sushi Rolls
Directions:1. Remove crusts from bread. With a rolling pin or large soup can, completely flatten bread.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter and 1 tablespoon fruit spread on each slice of bread. 3. Roll each slice into a tight spiral. Cut each spiral into 4 pieces.
tube for writing white chocolate
mini chocolate bits
1. Remove grapes from stalks, wash and dry well.
2. Thread grapes onto skewers.
3. Trim points from skewers with scissors.
4. Dot writing icing onto the back of the coated chocolate chips and place as eyes on each caterpillar.
1. Slice apples in half from top to bottom and scoop out the cores using a knife or melon baller.
2. Place each apple half flat side down on a small plate.
3. Dab peanut butter on to the back of the 'lady bug', then stick raisins onto the dabs for spots.
4. Use this method to make eyes too.
5. Stick one end of each pretzel stick into a raisin, then press the other end into the apples to make antennae.