East Side News
End of the Year Poem
We will end the year with a poem found on Pinterest. Enjoy the summer!
Adieu to You
It's time to say goodbye,
The school year's at an end,
We hope you've had lots of fun,
And count us as a friend.
We've watched you learn and grow,
And change from day to day,
We hope all the things we've done,
Have helped along the way.
It's with happy memories,
We send you out the door,
With blessings for good things,
That next year holds in store.
Have a wonderful and safe summer.
Kindergarten Parent Orientation Meetings for 2016-2017
- Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 6:00p.m.
- Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 8:00a.m.
- Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 7:00p.m.
The Gouverneur HS Senior Parade - This is What It's About!
Check out the Awesome Art Show and Science Fair! Thanks Ms. Foster and Mrs. Siebels organizing this for our school!
Kate Messner, children's author, will be at East Side Monday, June 6th to work with our 3-5 students. Check out her website by clicking within this title bar!
Friends 4 Pound Paws Campaign
Revision to School District Calendar
2015-2016 CALENDAR REVISIONThe 2015-16 calendar had 7 emergency days built in. To date, the district has called 3 snow days. Four (4) days will be given back as follows:
May 2, 2016 – no school for students and staff
May 27, 2016 – no school for students and staff
June 22, 2016 – no school for students, staff will report
June 23, 2016 – no school for students, staff will report
If additional emergency days are called, the give-back days will be removed in the following order: May 2, June 22, May 27, June 23.
What's coming up!
- 6/6/2016: 4th Grade Written Science Test6/21/2016
- 6/6/2016: Kate Messner, Author Visit
- 6/7/2016: 5th and 6th Grade Track Meet
- 6/8/2016: Rain Date for Track Meet
- 6/16/2016: East Side PTO Fun Day
- 6/17/2016: Kindergarten Donuts for Dad's 9:45a.m.
- 6/17/2016: UPK Father's Day Fun 10:30a.m.
- 6/17/2016: East Side PTO Fun Day Rain Date
- 6/21/2016: Last Day for Students
- 6/21/2016: 4th Grade Awards Assembly 9:30a.m. in gymnasium
- 6/21/2016: 5th Grade East Side Farewell 6:30p.m. HS Auditorium
East Side Elementary School, Gouverneur, NY
We are a Responsive Classroom school, so our belief is that the social and emotional curriculum is just as important as the academic curriculum. We pride ourselves to "Delivering The Promise of A Brighter Future!"
Please visit our Website, Facebook Page and Twitter Feed!