Room 11 Newsletter
Mrs. Bays and Mrs. Nelson
May 17- May 27, 2016
- Sorting and graphing buttons
- Make a Pete the Cat shirt with groovy buttons
- Handprint Pete the Cat
- Sounding CVC- Consonant Vowel Consonant Words
- Illustrating like Mo Willems
- Observing different bird nests
- Bee Bot character matching
Your child will be learning about the letter "Xx" and "Zz." We will read A Xylophone for X-Ray Fish and Zach the Lazy Zebra. The children will practice letter formation and recognition. A few of our centers will include:
Observing and drawing X-Rays
X-Ray flip book
Play a xylophone
Zoo addition families
Patterning with z things
Words to write
Marigolds will be coming home soon! Your child grew their plant from a seed and has been observing its growth for 4 weeks. I will send directions if you’ve never grown a marigold before! Our alphabet hike, in and around our Lamplighter gardens, asked our students to search for nature items that began with a letter and/or sound – always a fun and challenging activity. Another favorite sensory experience will be in the herb garden where the children smell or eat a food item (lemon, dill pickle etc.) and find the herb plant that matches that smell and taste!
Reminders & Events
Thursday, May 26 & Friday, May 27
- Parent Teacher Conferences
Ask your child about...
- What did they harvest from the garden?
- What are vowels and consonants?