November Parent Newsletter
Picture Day is Friday, November 6th
Picture day will be Friday, Nov 6.
All in-person learners will have their picture taken through PE/Athletics/Dance/Healthy Habits.
Virtual learners will have the opportunity to come to campus from 4:05 - 6:00 PM and have their picture taken in the boys gym. We encourage as many virtual learners as possible to have their picture taken since these will be used for the yearbook!
Please park in the lot between the gym and football field. Parents will wait in the car while students follow signs to enter the building next to the boys gym where the camera will be set up.
Pictures can be ordered before picture day on www.mylifetouch.com with Picture Day ID EVTXBSPNQ
The Social Studies department encourages all to VOTE and let your voices be heard!
In that spirit, Rawlinson will hold a mock presidential election. This year's mock election will be provided to students on November 2nd through a link given by their Social Studies teacher.
Of course, participation in this event is optional! However, the Texas Department of Education does require students to have an understanding of the United States political process; citizen voice, influencing society and identify points of view. (TEK 6.11,12-7.15,16,17, 8.19,20,21)
Patriot Social Studies Students will..
- Know that they can effect change (locally, nationally, internationally)
- Formulate opinion based on fact, reasons using a number of resources and be able to justify or make an argument.
*Background Check Clearance Required
INFO. FROM OUR PTA BOARD
As the school continues to safely open, PTA continues to support and serve. Examples of YOUR dollars at work.
- Providing PPE
- Designing and keeping new Patriot Gear fresh and available Here at the Rawlinson Middle School Official Store
- “Sweet” welcome back to the teachers for the second grading period
- Planning Patriot Games for Spring
- Facilitating two Spirit Nights!! Thank you, Willie’s, and Torchy’s!!
If you haven’t joined, don’t worry, we’ve got your back. Go ahead, Click here and join between November 1 November 14 and be entered into a DAILY DRAWING for your **Patriot Power Shirt! Some lucky winners will receive a bonus prize Patriot Water bottle.
5 winners every day!!
Shirts will be available for pick up on the Patriot Game Kickoff Drives.
We are excited to announce the 2020-2021 Patriot Games being held April 16, 2021
Rawlinson PTA will host a fun filled day for our students to include a DJ, Fun Activities, Games and much more!
Please visit the PTA website FOR MORE INFORMATION!! Click button above!
We are proud to present this years Patriot Games swag, T-shirt Designed by sixth Grade Student Austin Reed! We will have our Fall Drive for Patriot Games beginning Thursday, Nov 5th - Friday, Nov 13th during all lunches and on Saturday Nov 7th & 14th from 11a-1pm.
Students bring $20 on one of the days above for:
- Your official 2020-21 Patriot Games T-shirt!
- Weekly drawings for cool prizes each Friday in March and April!!
- Participate in fun activities and dance to hit music by DJ Vincent!!!
See the PTA Website to find out how you or your company can be an official Rawlinson PTA Sponsor!
NEW GEAR THIS YEAR!! PERFECT FOR A HOLIDAY GIFT
In November the counselors will be teaching the following guidance lessons.
- 8th grade guidance lessons we will discuss transition to high school, including endorsements and courses.
- 7th grade guidance lessons will address anxiousness and mindfulness.
- 6th grade guidance lessons will address conflict: what it is and how we can resolve it.
November 13th is World Kindness Day!
It is a global day that promotes the importance of being kind to each other, to yourself, and to the world.
Spread kindness at Rawlinson & wear a t-shirt with a positive message or graphic on Nov. 13th.
GIRLS AND BOYS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS COMING SOON!
Students are required to be present on all three tryout dates.
7th grade will try out in the AM
8th grade will try out in the PM
7th and 8th graders trying out must have a current physical and additional online paperwork on file by November 9th. If you do not have the medical history, physical completed by a doctor (on the UIL form) with all required signatures, and RANKONE online requirements completed, you will not be eligible to try out. See a coach for paperwork details if you need help. If you are playing Football or Volleyball you have all necessary paperwork.
Girls Head Coach: Hannah Narvaez email: email@example.com
Boys Head Coach: Aaron Vasquez email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food deliveries, of any kind, are not permitted. Students need to remember bring lunch from home with them to school in the morning or plan to eat a cafeteria meal.
- To view the school menus click the button below.
- There is no charge for the grab & go lunch in the cafeteria, at least through December 31, 2020.
- As of now, visitors are by appointment and on a limited and as-needed basis.
- Anyone entering the building will wear a face mask and undergo the district provided health screener. Please complete this prior to entering the building and show the completion screen to the attendance of office staff. If you are able to complete prior to entry, call the front office at 210-397-4900, for assistance. QR codes are conveniently placed on the front door for use when you arrive.
All in-person students will need the following everyday:
- - Water bottle
- - Technology Device and Charger
- - Headphones
- - Hand Sanitizer
- - Face Mask
Online Student Homework Support Available!
DID YOU KNOW???
Northside offers Online Student Homework Support provided free of charge to all NISD students after hours and weekends. Our goal is to assist students with Schoology Support and in the academic content areas of Reading/ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, and/or Spanish. A certified Teacher Tutor will provide assistance to your child via video conferencing, screen share, or chat.
The Online Student Homework Support hours are:
Monday - Thursday
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM (Elementary)
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM (Secondary)
Saturday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM (All Levels)
Sunday 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM (All Levels)
Students will be able to access the link in HAC under the school links tab, and in the students NISD portal with an icon(pictured above) that signifies Student Homework Support.
Meal Applications Available
Did you know that filling out a Free & Reduced Meal Application provides more than just meals? In fact, this information is used to provide increased funding and resources for campus programs & services that benefit Northside students. Even though meals are at no cost during the USDA Waiver currently in place, you are encouraged to fill out your application today, if you haven't already.
For more information on the NISD Free & Reduced lunch Program, visit
Or contact us:
Office: (210) 397-4517
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Although free meals are being served with the current USDA Waiver in place, Child Nutrition Services is still accepting Free & Reduced Lunch Applications. Students who are eligible may also qualify for other discounts. Learn more & submit an application.
Virtual students will participate- More information to come! But Virtual students are encouraged to submit pictures of their at home learning experience via this link:
You can share this link with virtual parents and their images have a chance to be featured in the yearbook! This is just one way we are getting our virtual kiddos involved.
Optional Student Accident Insurance
BOOT SCOOTIN' BOOGIE
NEF 25th Anniversary Balloon Release
Rawlinson ELA Teacher and NISD Pillar of Character, Haroon Monis w/Mr. Rawlinson
TECH. ED TOOL BOXES!
Student created toolboxes!