Updated September 2022
VDOE cell phones/other electronic devices, unauthorized materials, & cheating policies for this school year.
Spirit Wear Website
Innovative Teacher of the Month
Student Recognition Committee
The Student Recognition Committee has been really busy this week recognizing our Student Athletes by decorating their lockers. Mrs. Shepherd, a member of the committee, stated that this was just the beginning of their plans to recognize the amazing accomplishments of the students at Central Middle School.
At Central Middle School, we celebrate the hard work and dedication of our student athletes. Students who participate in sports develop self-discipline, motivation, and leadership skills. We love seeing our Bobcats working hard and excelling in the classroom and on the field.
Please come cheer on your favorite Bobcat!
CMS won the regular season title and the tournament championship!
- At yesterday's tournament, CMS shot a combined score of 176, while Powhatan shot a 187. Parker Allen was 1 over par, and shot a 37 for nine holes. He was 7 shots better than anyone else there. Brennan Evans was third in overall scoring. The tournament featured the following teams: CMS, Powhatan, Mecklenburg, Amelia
- Tournament was held at Mill Quarter Country Club in Powhatan. The tournament almost resembled a pro event with so many parents and friends there. The golf course ran out of carts for people to ride...that's how many people were there. After the matches, everyone was served hot dogs, burgers, and sides. Powhatan did a nice job of hosting the event.
- This year's CMS golf team members were:
Joseph Walker IV
Coach: Mike Adams
Purchase CMS Game Tickets Here:
- CMS Cheerleading tryouts will begin on September 6th-16th until 5:30 each afternoon
- Students who tryout for any sport must have a fully-completed VHSL physical form and a grade eligibility form completed by the guidance office prior to tryouts. For more information, call Mr. Collins at (434) 542-4536.
- Heart & Sole (Girls on the Run) starts Sept. 13th. We practice Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:45-5:30. The girls need to turn in: a completed physical form, an eligibility form, and a registration form. They can all be found in the main office. The registration form is also online here: https://www.pinwheel.us/register/index/gotr-cvabr-f-2022-program-reg?sid=55ff996c7810492399a9040c27a953f8