Madison News 3/5
"Striving for Excellence"
- Non-Student Day
- Band MPAs at Jefferson HS
- Girls and Boys Flag Football tryouts begin 4:30-5:45 p.m.
- Color Run/Spring Fling
Message from our PTSA
To purchase your child's color run entry, click here: https://madisonmiddleschoolptsa.memberhub.com/store/items/828647
To pre-purchase concessions, click here: https://madisonmiddleschoolptsa.memberhub.com/store/items/831588
To sign up to volunteer, click here!: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C084EAAAA2CA2F49-madison1
Congratulations to our History Fair Participants!!
- Lauryn Miller - 2nd place Individual Performance. Lauryn will be going to the State History Fair Competition in Tallahassee May 7-9, 2023.
- Angelina Asen-Gonzalez - Historical Paper Judges Award
- Nikita Boskers - Historical Paper - 3rd place
- Sage Saenz - Historical Performance - 3rd place
- Blair Bowles and Zoie Larsen- Historical Exhibit - 3rd place
- Meayra Johnson - Historical Exhibit
- Phi Tran - Historical Exhibit
We are extremely proud of our scholars :)
Frameworks-Conversation Cards Available
If you would like a free deck of the conversation cards after watching the presentation, email Mr. Johnson at email@example.com. We have 30 Conversation Cards in English and 15 in Spanish. Distribution of the cards will be given in the order in which Mr. Johnson receives the emails. We will request more cards from our partners at Frameworks, based on the demand from families.
The Choice, Magnet, and HVK12 application window will be available from March 8th to April 30th.
- 6th, 7th & 8th grade students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA at the end of the First Semester.
- Students retained in their previous grade are not eligible for extramural sports.
Girls & Boys Flag Football
Flag Football is the next extramural sport of the 2022-2023 school year. Tryouts will begin March 7th from 4:30-5:45pm. All requirements must be completed by the first day of practice. Review the Planet HS attachment below to assist with this process. For more information related to Hillsborough County Public Schools Athletics, click this link ->Athletics / Overview (hillsboroughschools.org)
Contact Mrs. Allen-Robinson for questions related to athletics: firstname.lastname@example.org
Message from Ms. Saunders
Spring/Summer Opportunities at the South Tampa YMCA
Looking Ahead....8th Grade End-of Year Events
8th Grade Dance 6 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
8th Grade Field Trip to Busch Gardens
Tentative date for Mustang Madness (End of the Year field day)
8th Grade Graduation 6 p.m. Location: TBD
8th Grade Clap Out- Last Day of School
How to Monitor Your Child's Grades and Communicate with Teachers through Canvas
Canvas Family Guide Intro:
Access Canvas from your smartphone:
- Android: https://youtu.be/whMHB63VsJQ
How to monitor your child's progress:
Madison is pleased to announce the launching of Counselor Corner. Our mission is to provide helpful advice and resources to our Madison families. We welcome questions from parents, students, and other stakeholders.
Counselor by student last name:
- Mrs. Hawkins: A-L
- Ms. Shaw: M-Z
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Instagram for reminders and updates:
Visit Our School's Website...
Madison Middle / Homepage (hillsboroughschools.org)
- School supply list
- Bell schedules
- Host Information
- Student Nutrition News
- Madison MS Policies & Procedures
- Latest newsletters
- Volunteer Information
- Faculty & Staff Contact Information
- COVID-19 Protocols
- Student Clubs