You get in life what you have the courage to ask for - Oprah
Trouble Viewing your MMM?
Licensed Staff Meeting
We will be meeting in the auditorium, starting promptly at 8.
Music Making: From Creation to Community:
This class will allow students to learn the basic fundamentals of writing and recording pieces of music. Over the course of 7 sessions, students will work with Anton Jones, Interdisciplinary Artist of CEO of CLIMB Theatre to create, record, and share original pieces of music. Students will work together to define their community, explore a diverse array of music styles, and be exposed to job and mentorship opportunities in the local arts and music scene. Upon completion of this residency, participants will also be provided with a finished recording of the work created over the course.
Students are required to register and commit to the 7 sessions which will be held on Friday afternoons of CBI days in the auditorium 1-3pm - 2/23, 3/9, 3/23, 4/20, 5/4, 5/18 and 6/1
- Be on time
- If you miss more than 1 session your spot in the class will be replaced with an alternate.
- When registering students for this please discuss with them the requirements and consequences of not meeting them
- . First preference is going to go to team 2 or 3 students who may be in their last year AND are attending regularly.
- Registration link
Staff supporting during this time will include K Taylor, Austin, Grace and Gerry.
I recognize this is prep time for many licensed staff, but if you want to participate you are more than welcome.
Please have students sign up
Food Service News!!!
will be served on Non-CBI Fridays from 10:00-11:00
will be served on Wednesdays of CBI weeks beginning March 7th
will be available to order by completing an order form and returning it to Ms. Tia’s mailbox in the office
(see lemon cake in the office)
Safety and Security-
Last week's Code Red Drill demonstrated some areas we need to improve on as a building and some thing we should inform our students about.
- If the lockdown was a true emergency, students need to immediately get into the nearest room.
- If a student is stuck in the hall during a lockdown, the/she should enter into a bathroom, lock if available, if not go into a stall and lift feet up so as not to be seen until the code red is ended.
- All rooms should be locked during the day, if the door is open at the time of the lockdown you should just have to shut it, not shut and lock.
Other Important Reminders
- All staff members should be wearing name tags, visible to anyone. If you see someone you do not know, greet them and offer them help. Make sure they had signed in and if they do not have a visitor's badge re-direct them to door 16.
- DO NOT let anyone (including students) in the building- unless they are entering through door 16, Wellstone entrance or Door 1.
The biometric screening will be held at Wilder once again. This is a non-fasting biometrics screening to find out important information, like blood pressure, cholesterol, BMI, etc... This year, thanks to the great participation in the past, we have a window of 4 hours, from 10 to 2 on Thursday, March 15.
You can schedule your 10-minute appointment now by clicking on the link: https://www.hsscreeningreg.com/login.php
The username is Minneapolis and the password is healthy
If you created an account last year, you do not need to create a new one.
This free activity can be used for Vitality points. Sign up ASAP, as slots are going quickly.
Mental Health Team Tip of the Week:
Sleep is an important part of physical and mental well-being.
Did you know getting 7-9 hours per night helps you:
- focus and learn throughout the day
- feel happier
- be more productive
- feel less hungry
- prevent illness
Check out the link for more info on the benefits of sleep
Ordering for supplies thru the end of the year will need to be submitted to Traci by Monday, March 12th. Just send her a list of what you want, with details – size, quantity, etc.
You can look for items on Amazon, or Target – and she will try to find MPS approved vendors that have comparable items.
Ask Traci for more info if needed.
Teacher absences for staff development that is “Paid By District” –
These absences have to include a Conference Billing Form (CBF). They are available by the sign out by Jason’s door.
Fill it out, have Jason sign it and leave a copy with Traci. You should bring the CBF with you to the meeting and leave it with the person in charge of the meeting. That person will send you the form with the account codes for billing to the proper department. When you get it, you should forward it to Traci. (They might send it directly to Traci, too.)
This is very important. Traci does a monthly report listing how the subs are being paid for. When she doesn’t have the forms, then the billing is defaulted to Transition Plus.
We don’t want to incur expenses that are not ours.
Language Line Announcement
The Multilingual Department is happy to announce that district leadership has decided that funding for Language Line phone interpretation service will not be shifting to schools as planned for 2018-19, and will continue to be funded at the district level. Thank you to everyone who helped advocate for this decision by voicing your concerns about the equity impact of the proposed shift in funding.
Note that schools will continue to be responsible for funding interpreters for conferences and other events, as has been the case this current school year. More information about interpretation services can be found here.
Garage Sale in Main Office and the Prices are Great!
Periodically this semester, there will be a "garage sale" collection of curriculum and other items available for use in any Tplus classroom. These "garage sales" will be in the area next to Traci's desk in the main office! All items are FREE FREE FREE! Each "garage sale" will last about one week. After that time, the items will be available for any staff to donate to their favorite charitable organization.
- Garage sale dates will be posted at the mail boxes. (and you CAN take materials any time you see them there
- If you want to donate materials to charity after the closing date of each garage sale, please tell me and Patricia will keep a list of staff to notify when items can be taken off campus.
- If you have items IN your classroom to give to a garage sale let me know and Patricia will pick them up.
- Patricia will try to collect boxes and keep them under the garage sale table for folks to use.