Holly Academy News & Views
December 3, 2021
PTO "Thank You"
We are so grateful to the PTO, and especially Mrs. Cryderman, for providing dinner for the staff on the first parent/teacher conference day! It really hit the spot! Power of the Pack!
Lil' Shopper's Shoppe
The Lil’ Shopper’s Shoppe is returning this year December 7th-9th! This is where students have an opportunity to shop for inexpensive holiday gifts for family and friends.
This holiday event will be our first foray into having multiple volunteers in the building. Should you wish to volunteer for the Lil’ Shopper’s Shoppe, please understand that you must follow the Oakland County mask mandate for schools. Volunteers will help set up and assist students in the shop. If you’d like to volunteer, please sign up below. If you have any questions, please email the PTO at PTO.email@example.com
Elves at Work
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with plenty of rest and relaxation! Here are a few highlights to be shared with you:
- Skyward Training was on December 1st. Thank you to those who attended. For those who were unable to make it, the training was recorded and a slide show presentation provided. Both links can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF5Mh6vvcWk & skywardtraining2021.pdf
8th Grade Transition: As a friendly reminder, if you are a parent of an 8th grader, please be sure you fill out the 8th grade High School Choice Google Form sent two weeks ago OR you can fill out the hard copy that was also sent home with your student. The due date for your high school choice is Monday, December 6th.
I know this has been a challenging week for all of us, so hope you can find some extra down time with your loved ones.
A Holly Academy tradition is for everyone to dress down following a daily theme the week prior to winter break (beginning Dec. 13th)!
Monday: holiday hat
Tuesday: holiday socks
Wednesday: holiday accessory or flannel
Thursday: holiday top
Friday: ugly holiday sweater or "you choose"
* students who do not celebrate holidays can dress down each day without following the theme
2021-22 Yearbooks for Sale
OCHD Covid Guidance
Husky Helps Pantry
Earlier this school year our Huskies donated items to help replenish our Husky Helps Pantry. We are excited to open the pantry to any families in need. We have been patiently waiting for the installation of a door buzzer to allow families to enter the school near the pantry. However, like most things these days, labor and material shortages have continued to be an issue.
If you are in need of any assistance, please reach out to Angie Cryderman at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time for you to gather any items you need from the pantry. She will let you into the building near the Husky Helps pantry. If you are not comfortable entering the building, you can also email her a list of items you need, and she will gather these items and let you know when they are ready and you can do a curbside pick up. Please know that she will keep your identify confidential.
In addition to the food items in the picture, there are also cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, and other personal hygiene products.
- Dec. 10 - PTO dress down day, $1.00
- Dec. 13 - Holiday hat day - dress down if follow the theme
- Dec. 14 - Holiday sock day - dress down if follow the theme
- Dec. 15 - Holliday accessory or flannel day - dress down if follow the theme
- Dec. 16 - Holiday top day - dress down if follow the theme
- Dec. 17 - Half day of school, dismiss at 11:30am - free dress down
- December 25- Merry Christmas
- Dec. 20 - Dec. 31 - Holiday break
- Jan. 1 - Happy New Year!
- Jan. 3 - School resumes
- Jan. 7 - PTO dress down day, $1.00
- Jan. 12 - PTO meeting at 8:00am in the auditorium
- Jan. 17 - No school, MLK Jr. day
- Jan. 18 - 25 - Vision testing for Y5, 1st, 3rd, 5th, & 7th grades
- Jan. 19 - Board meeting at 5:30pm in the media center